Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Communications Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Alabama Communications Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Employment Law and Internet Law for Alabama on
Q: In alabama does an employeer need to have photo release form signed by employees to use on social media
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 16, 2024

In general, it is a good practice for employers to obtain written consent from employees before using their photos on social media or for other promotional purposes, even if not legally required. This helps protect the employer from potential legal issues and respects the employees' rights to... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Personal Injury and Communications Law for Alabama on
Q: Can I get some help? I have a major concern and need lawful responses

Whenever I communicate with the property manager, all of my private information is shared with the cosigner. I feel like my privacy is being exploited

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 17, 2023

An Alabama attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for two weeks. It's possible that the sharing is done because the developments impact the cosigner, who could be liable due to their capacity as cosigner in the matter. A local attorney could offer more definitive guidance... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Copyright, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Alabama on
Q: a you tube program has published photos of me without my permission, It is illegal? I don't want them to use my image

a you tube program has published photos of me without my permission, It is illegal? I don't want them to use my image

Timothy John Billick
Timothy John Billick
answered on Jan 6, 2021

We all have a right of privacy, which includes our "right of publicity." However, if your image was taken while you were in a public place, and/or your image was only briefly shown, it will be much harder to assert your claim. Please consult with an IP/privacy attorney to fully assess your rights.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law and Health Care Law for Alabama on
Q: Are radiologists free to be careless, by not putting 'all that may be wrong' on reports?

The CT shows one side is more dense than 6 months ago, the brain sinus hyperattenuations are not mentioned. Dr.'s do not or can not view radiological films, due to being 'overridden' by what the radiologist says.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 30, 2019

No medical professional, or other professional, for that matter, has free license to be careless. The premise is that they will act diligently, thoroughly, professionally, and exercise their best medical judgment in examining films and outlining their findings. Are some more thorough than others?... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law and Criminal Law for Alabama on
Q: Do you have to tell someone that you are recording the conversation between them
Glenn B. Manishin
Glenn B. Manishin
answered on Dec 20, 2016

Not in Alabama, which is a "one party consent" state for purposes of wiretapping.

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law and Criminal Law for Alabama on
Q: Do I have a civil case against woman who had me arrested for harassing communications?

Woman had an affair with my husband. All three of us taught in same school at the time. I told her current department in her new school what she had done via email. She contacted police and a bench warrant was issued. She omitted the background information about the affair, if that matters. Pled... View More

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 31, 2015

Talk to your attorney about the possibility of filing a suit for malicious prosecution, if that is available in your jurisdiction, or perhaps the jurisdiction that you were criminally charged.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.