Colorado Communications Law Questions & Answers

Q: How long does a mediated agreement stay in place after divorce is final? This is about ways of communication

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Communications Law for Colorado on
Answered on Jan 17, 2018
John Hyland Barrett III's answer
It depends on whether that agreement was made part of the final divorce decree. Usually it is. If so, you will have to abide by it unless the court modifies that part of the order.However, if that order was part of the parenting plan, you may not have to abide by it since the children are now legal adults.

Q: Am i forced to give information to police department when i call them to ask why there's been a report put on me ?

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Communications Law and Criminal Law for Colorado on
Answered on May 31, 2017
Stephen J. Plog's answer
You do not have to give the police information within this context. Conversely, they don't have to give you information either.

Q: What should I do if I'm in an active case and a GAL, Caseworker, and judge has lied in court and town is corrupt?

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Colorado on
Answered on Mar 5, 2017
Tristan Kenyon Schultz's answer
You should have a lawyer who helps to handle these matters. If you do not like your appointed lawyer, considered hiring a private attorney.

Q: is it illegal to hack someone's facebook and email and change their passwords?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law, Identity Theft and Sexual Harassment for Colorado on
Answered on Jan 11, 2017
Tristan Kenyon Schultz's answer
Simply changing passwords is likely not illegal. If information contained is used to impersonate and individual, this may be illegal. Note, changing the passwords or generally "hacking" of accounts by an unauthorized third-party is a clear violation of both Facebook and every email service--i.e. you should be able to freeze or get the account back.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.