Colorado Insurance Defense Questions & Answers

Q: Recourse for roof damage repair/replacement on a "duplex", where the other owner apparently has no damage?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Colorado on
Answered on Nov 2, 2018
John Kenneth Joyner's answer
You may be better off just having your dad's neighbor go straight to an attorney who specializes in first-party property insurance bad faith claims. That lawyer can get a better idea of the facts of the case and point them in the right direction. Often bad faith insurance litigation firms will work on contingency and give you a free consultation, meaning no money changes hands unless they win your case.

Good luck to you.

Q: Is it illegal to unknowingly send an advertisement for homeowners insurance to a minor in Colorado?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Insurance Defense for Colorado on
Answered on Jan 15, 2018
D. Mathew Blackburn's answer
No, that woman's an idiot.

Even if it were illegal it would be prosecuted by the county attorney for a criminal act, or more likely the Dept. of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) for a regulatory violation. She has no private right of action to sue you for mistaken advertisement.

The question should be what are you putting your kid's name on that it's ending up on this list.

Q: My insurance company declined to pay my hospital bill on the grounds that I should have been treated as an outpatient.I

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Insurance Defense for Colorado on
Answered on Jan 18, 2017
Tristan Kenyon Schultz's answer
You have three options. One, you can appeal the insurance company's determination. Two, you can see if the insurance company's determination voids some or all of the medical charges because of the violation of the agreement between the doctor/hospital (I have seen over $200,000 worth of charges voided this way for clients). Three, you can pay the difference. Options one and two will require a lot of time on the phone, but the payoff if it works will be great. Option three is the easiest, but...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.