Idaho Tax Law Questions & Answers

Q: There is a company in idaho that handles communications for inmates currently incarcerated, they breach their terms

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Products Liability, Tax Law and Banking for Idaho on
Answered on Sep 11, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Contact the Idaho Civil Liberties Union and ask if they have a prison rights division --this has been litigated.

Depending on charges, you may find it easier to get your family or whoever you call an 800 number so you can call free.

Q: Moving expenses to report

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Idaho on
Answered on Feb 15, 2017
Matthew M Montoya's answer
This question gets a little tricky and depends on an employer's policies. To figure out whether reimbursed moving expenses were taxable in the first place, you're going to need to refer to IRS publication 521. If an employer repaid an employee according to what's called an "accountable plan," (where you properly account for, document, and report your expenses to your employer), then they would report the amount on Box 12 of your W-2. In this case, it is NOT taxable to the taxpayer. However,...

Q: Looking for student attorney interested/available to help with an IRC Section 6015(f) denied relief petition Tax Court

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Idaho on
Answered on Sep 29, 2016
Matthew M Montoya's answer
If you meet the low income qualifications, you can find assistance at a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, many of which have student attorneys supervised by practicing attorneys. However, outside specific law clinics, a student can't help you with your petition because that could constitute unauthorized practice of law.

If you want a representative, they have to have a Tax Court Bar Number in order to represent you before the Court.

If you wish to handle the issue on your own,...

Q: If dissolving LLC in dec 2010 do still need to file taxes for 2010?

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Idaho on
Answered on Feb 5, 2011
Mr Jeffrey D Heck's answer
I cannot comment on state law, but federally, the need to file return is necessary if income was generated in excess of certain amounts. Last I checked, the amount was $600. You may want to file a return to claim certain deductions even though a return may not be required.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.