Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alabama Internet Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law and Trademark for Alabama on
Q: How can I counter response to someone who reported me copyright infringement even though the art is different?

I was sent a notice on Etsy about copyright infringement but my design is different then what is being reported. I used different images and fonts. How do I respond to get them to over turn their decision?

Robert Kost
Robert Kost answered on Nov 18, 2021

This question is a very specific one, and will turn on the specifics of who is reporting what to whom, and what their and your designs are. Maybe Etsy has a simple process? Otherwise, I'd suggest that this can only be properly answered by an attorney in dialog with you, and not through a web form.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Internet Law and Juvenile Law for Alabama on
Q: Can I move out if I get married at age 18 in the state of alabama?
Samuel G McKerall
Samuel G McKerall answered on Jan 13, 2020

Yes, you can. You can also move out whether or not you get married, so if you're getting married just so you can move out, don't bother. Just move out, Now, whether you OUGHT to do either one - get married or move out - are different questions, but with respect to whether you CAN do... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Internet Law, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Alabama on
Q: An underage (but of the age of consent) sent me a kinda suggestive picture, am I in trouble?

We had spoken for a while with a romantic tone, and she out of the blue sent me a picture last night of her in a baggy top with a bit of her chest showing. I'm really scared

Samuel G McKerall
Samuel G McKerall answered on Mar 30, 2018


WARNING: I am not your lawyer and providing you with the generic information, definition, clarification or explanation you seek about a legal matter on this anonymous forum does not make me your lawyer. By answering your question I am only trying to provide you with general...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law, Personal Injury and Libel & Slander for Alabama on
Q: For my job I sent someone a letter via mail. He posted it on Facebook but changed his name on it to "Corn Man."

He also removed the street number of his address and removed my last name of my signature. Then in the actual post he addressed me by my last name. Is this legal?

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Apr 21, 2016

Could be copyright infringement, but since it was your letter, hard to claim defamation since the truth is an absolute defense.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.