Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kansas Personal Injury Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: Badly injured in a car accident on 2/4/16. Driver died on 2/5/14. There was no estate to file a claim against.

May 2017 an estate was formed. Can I now file a claim against the estate even though the statute of limitations is 2 years in Kansas? Accident was on 2/4/14 not 2/4/16.

David Adams
David Adams answered on Jun 6, 2017

Unless you were a minor at the time it occurred, there is generally only a two year window to get a case filed (either against the individual at fault or his/her estate). Any delay beyond that is likely going to be a bar against getting any recovery. Your question mentions 2014 and 2016 as dates,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: If my mom done a personal injury case for me as a minor how can i get that information

Im doing my disability hearing next month and they said my mom done a case but i cant find it

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 16, 2017

Go to the county court for the county where you lived when you were hurt. Look it up under your name.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Military Law for Kansas on
Q: Can a Colonel ignore a soldiers doctors orders?

Deployed in Korea. Soldier was injured Jan. 20th during PT, he sustained an ACL tear, MCL tear, medial meniscus bucket handle tear, lateral meniscus posterior root tear, and an LCL strain. He was seen by 2 military doctors who said that he needs to have surgery back home, he will have to keep the... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 7, 2017

The Colonel isn't "delaying" he is "deliberating." You know how the army works--he needs to get with either a lt or captain that maybe can nudge the adjutant to put the papers under the colonel's nose. Legal way for an enlisted guy to give the bird to a bird? Not in... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: When is a landlord liable for a tenant's injury on the rental premises?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 14, 2017

When the tenant is injured due to an area over which the landlord kept responsibility or control, or when something breaks and the landlord knew or should have known about it.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: How do I find out if a company is liable for personal injury.

I have a 15 year old daughter who had a brain tumor removed this past April. Her Neuro-oncologist made a referral to a geneticist because he said that in actuality cancers are rare in young people. I also have another daughter that had hodgkin's lymphoma in 2010. He said to have 2 siblings... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Dec 6, 2016

You need to first help your family by having your water and house tested. Contact a member of Ks Assn for Justice who handles toxics--they give free consultations. The cases are incredibly tough to prove, though.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: What is a no-fault law? Does Kansas have it?
David Adams
David Adams answered on Dec 1, 2016

This usually refers to an insurance company having to pay benefits regardless of who is at fault. It usually comes up when your own car insurance policy is required to pay at least the first $4,500 of your medical expenses, regardless of who is at fault. In Kansas these are referred to as PIP... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: I was in an accident and the car rolled over.

I feel it's because the road wasn't maintained - am I able to sue the county even if I'm getting money from my insurance company?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 30, 2016

Yes, sorta, but they are tough cases. Consult a member of the Ks. assn for justice--they give free consults. But those are very tough cases so don't hold your breath.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: Dear attorneys,My ex-girlfriend secretly recorded me in my private home and then humiliated me in public with it.

My ex-girlfriend and I lived together. We got into a heated argument because she is horribly abusive, and she abuses her son. I went off on her verbally in the privacy of my home where there is a reasonable expectation that it is a domain of privacy. I kicked her out and I now live alone. Since... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 16, 2016

Unlikely it's illegal. Over the phone it is in many states. Playing it could be viewed as intentional infliction of emotional distress, but that would be apointless case because if she has no money, the attorney would make you pay--and if she is manipulative and passive aggressive she may... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Identity Theft, Consumer Law and Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: what kind of lawyer would i need for a business allowing a crime to happen to me?

staying at a hotel, person went to front desk, was issued a key, then went into my room, took over 1000 dollars of my belongings, took personal information which was used to takeover my bank account. The person was not on my reservation nor on the list of people allowed in my room. I was offered... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 20, 2016

Talk to a member of the Kansas Trial Lawyers Assn /Assn for Justice--they give free consultations.Did you send a formal, itemized demand to the home office?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: I was injured while unemployed i now have no income what can i do
Jason Alexander Richman
Jason Alexander Richman answered on Jan 4, 2016

There are a number of possibilities depending on your specific circumstances including: disability benefits (through insurance or a state public benefit), Social Security, or various forms of public assistance (welfare). You will need to discus this all with someone from social services in the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: Daughter accused of fleeing has no record was injured by police and ovary injured and may lose it. Can you help?

Daughter has previous surgery on ovary twice. Was healing and back to work. She did not realize police were stopping her and thought it was fake cops televised on TV. No one ever approached car until 2nd person showed wouldn't identify self I called 911 but was too late. They lost it while I... Read more »

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 14, 2015

This is a general Q&A tool. Contact injury and/or civil rights lawyers in your area to see if someone can assist. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: Who is liable for an injury caused by a fall- a store owner or visiting vendor who caused a dangerous condition, or both

A visiting stocker from a greeting card corporation left a box in a hard-to- see place in a grocery store aisle causing a potential hazard. Premises liability.

Timothy J. Deffet
Timothy J. Deffet answered on Jul 25, 2012

These cases are highly factually specific and dependent on state law. There may be liability for both if they played a part. The owner may have not discovered the alleged hazardous condition left by the vendor during routine inspections.You should consult a Kansas attorney. If you are a plaintiff... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: Was hurt lost time at work have perminent injury due to injury at community ffa haunted house slide on agriculturalland


Terrence Rubino
Terrence Rubino answered on Aug 15, 2011

you need to contact a reputable injury lawyer in kansas and do it sooner than later. most first consultations are free and injury lawyers usually work on a contingent %. in choosing a lawyer word of mouth is always best. however if that is not an option, kansas probably has a trial lawyers... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.