Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Michigan Juvenile Law Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Domestic Violence and Juvenile Law for Michigan on

Q: Can I get in trouble for speaking explicitly with a minor in Michigan online?

I was involved in an email chain that was explicit for ONE line. I posted an ad on craigslist looking to hook up with a woman. I received an email from someone. I said something explicit. Then someone replied and stated that I sent the message to a minor. I replied that I had no idea and I... Read more »

Mr Scott Marshall Neuman answered on Aug 5, 2016

I'm not sure what is the connection between the chain email and your ad. Nevertheless, most likely, your action. May be the subject of a crim investigation investigation.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Michigan on

Q: I am 16 yrs old from Michigan. can I go for a bike ride at any time or is there a curfew for that?

I know that if I'm under 16 I cannot be on the street without an excuse but since I am is that okay even though I'm a minor? again just walking/biking not driving don't think there's any local ordinances

Mr Scott Marshall Neuman answered on Jul 16, 2016

MCLA.752 controls. The answer is that if you are under 17 and you are not being supervised by a designated guardian or you are not a

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Michigan on

Q: A 14 year old fought my 8 year old, leaving him with a knot on his head. Can charges be brought against 14 year old?

Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 4, 2016

Assuming he started it yes. Whether anything will come of it depends on many circumstances.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Support and Juvenile Law for Michigan on

Q: Will I still be required to pay child support for my son after his 18th birthday if he's in a State Juvenile Facility?

We are currently paying support to his grandparents, but they don't receive the money. After our son was removed from their home, we filed for support payment to cease, but we were denied.

Mr Scott Marshall Neuman answered on Jun 29, 2016

Child support ends at age 18. If the child is still in high school or in an institution up until 19 1/2 . If the support is imposed by a court order then until the court ends the support obligation.

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law for Michigan on

Q: Can a 20 year old get in trouble for taking a 16 year old from arizona to Nevada to have sex

Kelly Lambert answered on Jul 18, 2014


Kelly G Lambert III

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.