Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Missouri Municipal Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law for Missouri on
Q: Are verbal resignations accepted?

How long after an Officer walks out of the meeting do they have to resign? Can they just be absent with no notice if they are staying or going.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Feb 4, 2020

Your post remains open for five weeks. At this point, you could consider contacting an employment attorney, possibly one who is familiar with protocols for municipal employees. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets and Municipal Law for Missouri on
Q: I bonded out on a speeding ticket can i have someone show up to court on my behalf due to my absence
Andrea Rogers
Andrea Rogers answered on Feb 13, 2018

The only person who can show up in court on your behalf is a licensed attorney.

If you paid the bond and they gave you a new court date, here are your choices: 1) you can plead guilty by paying the fine before the court date (if it's the type of ticket that can be paid out of court), or...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.