Montana Contracts Questions & Answers

Q: Can I collect damages with a Tort suit filed on resident false allegations to evict me from HUD/Sec. 8 Montana Housing?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Libel & Slander, Personal Injury and Landlord - Tenant for Montana on
Answered on Sep 24, 2016
Peter N. Munsing's answer
You might, but as they have little money or they wouldn't be section 8 you won't get it from them. Suggest you look at if there is a grievance procedure--contact your local legal services/legal aid office.

Q: How do I search case law as a pro se litigant for a case involving breach of contract, conspiracy to breach?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Montana on
Answered on Sep 8, 2015
Robert Jason De Groot's answer
Get to a law library to do lega research. There are probably pretty good law libraries in Missoula and Helena. See if there is one closer to you.

Q: I received bad check for work I did on someones house

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Montana on
Answered on Apr 14, 2015
Bradley Jay Jones' answer
You need to file a small claims court action to recover your funds and costs related to the bad check.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.