Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
North Carolina Workers' Compensation Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for North Carolina on
Q: Who pays compensation if I was injury in car accident while working for my company .

Work mans Comp on my job has been paying ,They will collect from car insurance Company that hit me from behind Who pays me for pain and suffer

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 5, 2017

First you should ask your attorney. If you don't have one you need one--you need to make sure comp doesn't get more than it should, have to deal with underinsured coverages, it is not do it yourself time. Don't have an attorney ? Contact a member of the NC Advocates for Justice in... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for North Carolina on
Q: If nothing is found on an MRI given from a work comp doc and my personal doc says I have chronic pain is that covered?

I had an injury over a year ago at my job and someone dropped the ball at some point and the MRI scan was just now ordered. It came back normal according to the workers comp doc. The workers comp doc thinks its muscle spasms, but I saw my personal doc and he diagnosed chronic pain is this covered?... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 29, 2016

If the doctor links it to the work injury yes it is covered. Many MRI's are negative. I assume your doctor has seen the MRI; if not get a copy for him. MRI's usually are not going to show much immediately after an injury so the delay wasn't something that helped comp. If you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for North Carolina on
Q: Seen my dr for post op and keep me Out of work and ordered more PT. Can my workmans Comp insurance company contact Dr

Regarding my return to work status

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 29, 2016

Depends on your state's law. If you don't have an attorney contact a member of the North Caorlina Advocate for Justice--who handles workers compensation--they give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for North Carolina on
Q: I've been an employee of diversified maintenance for 5 years and 3 months and I am still making 8.50 he was promised

9.50 on June 22 . what can I do about no raises and no days off

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 3, 2016

The law says it's employment at will. Don't like it, move on to another job says the law. That's why there's a movement centered on increasing the minimum wage.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for North Carolina on
Q: WC Clincher with an advance payment will weekly WC checks continue? And when will I get a copy of settlement I signed?

Im not sure of the process and when I ask questions of the Paralegal or Attorney ( if they are in the office ) answers seem to slightly change. Ive felt out of the loop the whole time and unsupported. I never received a copy of our original Attorney/ Client contract. I asked multiple times. Then... Read more »

Mr. Douglas A. Petho
Mr. Douglas A. Petho answered on Mar 17, 2016

The number one complaint clients have with their attorneys is a lack of communication, either by failing to return phone calls were not properly explaining the process. Attorney's fees and workers compensation claims are set by the industrial commmission at 25%. I do not know what the $900 is... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.