Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Tax Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law and Native American Law for Oklahoma on
Q: How much power does a state have to regulate and tax and/or collect revenue from Tribal Casino's?

By tribal casino, I mean a casino on tribal lands and run by a tribal corportation.

Robert Donald Gifford II
Robert Donald Gifford II answered on Mar 25, 2017

The general rule is none, however each tribe enters into a "compact" with the state and the details of that compact govern any monies paid to state coffers.

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Oklahoma on
Q: How do I verify the validity of alleged IRS criminal lawsuits?

I received a call I returned and case #R7416 and claim of errors on my tax returns was all they would tell. No details

Matthew M Montoya
Matthew M Montoya answered on Mar 4, 2017

Contact a tax attorney that handles criminal matters. Do not delay.

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Where can i find irs rules/laws concerning employee pre tax purchasing of vacation time to be used during the year
Howard Berkson
Howard Berkson answered on Nov 11, 2013

You can always check the IRS website at However, it can be difficult to navigate the complex rules or find the right document without guidance. You should consult with a certified public accountant (CPA) or an attorney who practices tax law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.