Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Sexual Harassment legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Alabama Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Alabama on
Q: In Alabama who do sheriff's report internal allegations of sexual assault to?

If several inmates in Alabama have made allegations of sexual assault from a sheriff's deputy, who would the sheriff be required to report those allegations to?

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 17, 2023

The sheriff is required to report internal allegations of sexual assault to the Alabama Attorney General's Office. For personalized legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances, it's advisable to consult with an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Civil Rights and Sexual Harassment for Alabama on
Q: My wife had a coworker call her to the back and expose yourself to her she , he was fired, is the company reliable

I'm wondering what the processing if there is a potential lawsuit against the company, coworker exposed himself to her, is the company liable for unsafe workplace, or sexual harassment? Is there any civil lawsuit that can be filed, here?

Don Oliver Keene
Don Oliver Keene
answered on Jul 4, 2023

It depends. There could be against the company, however unfortunately without more information it is impossible to tell. There is a possible cause of action against the coworker, you should seek a local personal injury/employment attorney to discuss this case with.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Alabama on
Q: Will my child be required to testify in court in a sexual abuse case he is 4. He did an interview with dhr.
Travis T Juneau
Travis T Juneau
answered on Apr 26, 2021

Children under 12 do not have to testify in sexual offense criminal cases see Section 15-25-31 of the Code or Alabama. It says "An out-of-court statement made by a child under 12 years of age at the time the statement is made concerning an act that is a material element of any crime involving... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Alabama on
Q: I am a private caregiver that was hired by a elderly couple sons. At the beginning of my employment a year ago one of

Their sons was asking my coworkers if they thought that I was a crackhead and at the end of my employment. That same son made some sexual advances towards me. This caught me off guard, had me extremely nervous, uncomfortable and scared. Because of my fear of him and loosing my job, when he asked me... View More

Kyle Anderson
Kyle Anderson
answered on Jul 8, 2020

Hi, there is a claim called "quid pro quo" sexual harassment. This occurs when a job benefit is directly tied to an employee submitting to unwelcome sexual advances. Based on what you stated above, it sounds like your continued employment was tied to you going on a date with the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Sexual Harassment for Alabama on
Q: Mr. James this is a follow up to my question you recently answered. I didn't post any intimate pictures or videos of me

On the internet. He accessed my google account from his computer due to him knowing my account information and got the videos like that.

Mr. James Parrish Coleman
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
answered on Aug 15, 2018

I understand. Putting intimate pictures on the web is never a good idea.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Alabama on
Q: NY resident in Alabama state?

I have permanent residency in the state of New York, with a level III sexual misconduct violation. I work in Alabama but have no residency in Alabama. Law-enforcement in Alabama seems to think I need to register as a sex offender in Alabama even though that is not a registrable offense in New... View More

Stewart Whaley
Stewart Whaley
answered on Apr 15, 2018

I am not licensed in AL. I deal with Sex Offender Registration (SOR) in Arkansas only.

Hire an AL lawyer with experience in SOR issues.

Do NOT rely on lack of registrarion requirement in NY or the “my residence is not in Alabama” game. Reside/residence/temporary...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Internet Law, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Alabama on
Q: An underage (but of the age of consent) sent me a kinda suggestive picture, am I in trouble?

We had spoken for a while with a romantic tone, and she out of the blue sent me a picture last night of her in a baggy top with a bit of her chest showing. I'm really scared

Samuel G McKerall
Samuel G McKerall
answered on Mar 30, 2018


WARNING: I am not your lawyer and providing you with the generic information, definition, clarification or explanation you seek about a legal matter on this anonymous forum does not make me your lawyer. By answering your question I am only trying to provide you with general...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.