Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Idaho Tax Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law, Contracts and Foreclosure for Idaho on
Q: Who is responsible for paying property taxes if someone owns the lot itself and another owns the mobile home on the lot?
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Jul 14, 2020

The owner of the propery that is assessed property tax. No mobile home owner is ever assessed property tax because THAT tax is reserved for the owner of land.

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Tax Law for Idaho on
Q: Why does my ex husband get to claim our kids on his taxes? I have sole custody of them. He sees them 4x a month.

He does pay child support but this doesn't seem fair. The order was put in place by an attorney hired by Heath and welfare.

D. Mathew Blackburn
D. Mathew Blackburn answered on May 10, 2020

Because the order says that he can and he's current on support. If you wish to change that you need to file to modify the order. Depending on your state domestic laws it may effect the support amount or other items on the order.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Business Law and Tax Law for Idaho on
Q: Do non-resident LLC owners have the right for Tax Return based on income?

Im currently building a delivery startup LLC in Idaho, US. Im a resident and one of the partners as well, while two other partners are non-residents, who live in Europe.

Is 35% of total income or just the part of income that is distributed to foreign owners withheld for taxes?

Do... Read more »

D. Mathew Blackburn
D. Mathew Blackburn answered on May 2, 2020

Foreign owners of an LLC report on a Form 1120 and 5472.

There are withholding requirements for foreign owners of an LLC.

I don't what tax return based on profits means.

LLCs are not taxed. The income flows through to the members. The foreign members will have...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Tax Law for Idaho on
Q: My uncle inherited millions from my grandmother with she died by changing her will or getting her to change her will.

My father didn’t want to do anything about it when she died less than 10 years ago.

My uncle just died in California. What are my and my two brothers’ and possibly my father’s legal options in regards to that inheritance? We live in Idaho.

Kevin A. Hogle
Kevin A. Hogle answered on Jan 25, 2020

Your uncle's estate will likely be distributed according to his own estate plan, as opposed to your grandmother's. If your uncle has no trust or last will (his "estate plan"), his assets will be distributed according to a table of consanguinity. That table basically looks at... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for Idaho on
Q: Husband is in prison for 4 years how do I file taxes?

My husband has a child with his ex. We filed together this past tax year he recently got sentenced to 4 years. We have 3 kids of our own and obvisouly I'm the only one providing how would I go about filing with out having my money going to child support. Also child support has stopped but he... Read more »

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Sep 9, 2019

If I understand your question, you and your husband have three (3) children of your own and your husband is the father of another child. Do you have custody of that child as well? And I am also understanding that your husband is not paying CS because he is in prison. Am I correct? If you... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law and Health Care Law for Idaho on
Q: I am a penny stock investor and I heard of a Miracle Blood that could change the world. Can you get me the stock ticker

Its a new cure for heart disease thru diabites cure !

D. Mathew Blackburn
D. Mathew Blackburn answered on Jun 29, 2019

Wrong forum. Hire a financial advisor.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Products Liability, Tax Law and Banking for Idaho on
Q: There is a company in idaho that handles communications for inmates currently incarcerated, they breach their terms

Of service, add charges that SHOULD not be there and have the same excuse each time and why they are not responsible even after you run their test prior to using their services (test runs speeds and connections) comes back good.. ive lost enough money to this company swindling their customers i... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 11, 2017

Contact the Idaho Civil Liberties Union and ask if they have a prison rights division --this has been litigated.

Depending on charges, you may find it easier to get your family or whoever you call an 800 number so you can call free.

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Idaho on
Q: Moving expenses to report

I recently moved about 2000 miles for job. The new employer reimbursed me about $1900 for the total moving expenses. However, only $950 was shown as moving expenses reimbursed on my paycheck and W2. Now, on that particular pay period they taxed much more because $950 was added to my income. So, now... Read more »

Matthew M Montoya
Matthew M Montoya answered on Feb 15, 2017

This question gets a little tricky and depends on an employer's policies. To figure out whether reimbursed moving expenses were taxable in the first place, you're going to need to refer to IRS publication 521. If an employer repaid an employee according to what's called an... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Idaho on
Q: Looking for student attorney interested/available to help with an IRC Section 6015(f) denied relief petition Tax Court

Have received Final Appeals Determination and wish to petition the US Tax Court

Matthew M Montoya
Matthew M Montoya answered on Sep 29, 2016

If you meet the low income qualifications, you can find assistance at a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, many of which have student attorneys supervised by practicing attorneys. However, outside specific law clinics, a student can't help you with your petition because that could constitute... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Idaho on
Q: If dissolving LLC in dec 2010 do still need to file taxes for 2010?
Mr Jeffrey D Heck
Mr Jeffrey D Heck answered on Feb 5, 2011

I cannot comment on state law, but federally, the need to file return is necessary if income was generated in excess of certain amounts. Last I checked, the amount was $600. You may want to file a return to claim certain deductions even though a return may not be required.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.