Texas Gaming Questions & Answers

Q: I rented a 1,000 sq ft room conected to main house by an outside hallway to main house. After signing a 2 month contract

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Gaming for Texas on
Answered on Oct 4, 2018
Tammy Lyn Wincott's answer
Generally, illegal activity allows a landlord to invoke eviction rights.

Q: My question is an old winning Texas Lottery ticket that has more than 180 days, but less than a year; still be redeemed?

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming for Texas on
Answered on Aug 16, 2018
Jason Brooks' answer
Why don't you look at the Official Rules for that state lottery board?

Q: I have a guy my PlayStation 4 to fix a couple of months ago. It's been two months can I call the authorities

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Products Liability, Gaming and Small Claims for Texas on
Answered on Feb 5, 2018
Kiele Linroth Pace's answer
This is probably not an issue of criminal law. If you released the item to him voluntarily it is not a crime ... unless there is some reason to question the effectiveness of your consent. For example if he tricked you in the first place and never had any intention of fixing it, then it could be alleged that consent was obtained by fraud.... but that can be hard to prove unless he has done it to others.

This is probably best handled in small claims court but might not be worth the...

Q: My wife and I were separated for 4yrs our relationship was fine she just passed away aND her mom won't give me my kids

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Domestic Violence and Gaming for Texas on
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
Kiele Linroth Pace's answer
It would be wise to hire an attorney that practices Family Law in the same county where the children currently live. The sooner, the better.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.