Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Texas Insurance Bad Faith Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Q: Can I get insurance to pay me for their customer fault on a accident after a judgement?

I had a accident with someone, did the usually exchanged insurance information other person took fault but changed his story once he spoke to his insurance, his insurance denied my claim after having a police report stating it wasn't my fault, so I took that person to small claims court (he didn't... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 13, 2016

Congratulations on your award. You can do that. However if you were hurt you may want to talk to an injury attorney first as there may be issues created by a property only judgment. Call the attorney now before the time to appeal the judgment to the court of general jurisdiction is passed; don't... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Consumer Law, Products Liability and Energy, Oil and Gas for Texas on
Q: Not sure if I can sue or if it worth it. Got bad diesel from a station. Cost $8700 to fix. documented it was bad fuel.

We purchased diesel from station in Bay City, Tx. Killed our truck 45mins after driving it. Had to have it towed to repair shop. Found out it was water in tank and cost us $8700 to repair. Repair Shop analyzed the diesel in our tank and verified it was bad diesel. Too much water. They have... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 30, 2016

Send the claim to the station with a copy, and ask them to forward the copy to their carrier. If they are a franchise (shell, Exxon, BP etc) send a claim to corporate. That doesn't get a response file a small claims case. Most attorneys would say this is the one time we say may as well do it... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Insurance Bad Faith, Social Security and Workers' Compensation for Texas on
Q: I was injured in 2014, qualified for SSDI and my LTD insurance cut me off in April 2016. What recourse do I have?

My injury is a fractured foot with torn ligaments/tendons and 5 herniated cervical discs. When Medicare started in July 2016, I scheduled the corrective surgery on my foot and am still recovering. I will have to go through physical therapy and rehab for strengthening and weight bearing. I still... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 23, 2016

You have to appeal the Long term Disabiltiy cut off. Not sure why medicare isn't covering you--a good Medicare B would mean no deductibles. As to your auto, check and make sure that when you bought it you didn't purchase disability coverage. Even if you are sure you didn't, it sometimes happens you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Car Accidents for Texas on
Q: My car got hit in the back got her insurance no police report insurance denied the payment I call her she don't answer

On accident no police report it was her fault she hit my car in the back estimate cost 2000$ to fix it I got insurance called them they give me estimate but insurance denied payment she didn't pay insurance afterwards I call her she doesn't respond what should I

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 19, 2016

If you have collision let them deal with it; if not, send her the estimate with a letter stating that her insurance says she didn't pay and it cancelled, that if she doesn't pay or respond you will ask the DMV to suspend her license and report her as not having insurance to the police.If you were... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Q: We sell a pc land in refugio county, tx, are unable to get a title policy due to missing chain of title. what can I do ?

We are selling a piece if land in regugio county, texas. we went thru title company for 3 month since Oct-2013. This week, they send us an e-mail. "Unfortunately, we are unable to issue a title policy for the subject

property because of an insufficient chain of title. "

we have... Read more »

Edward J. Kazaleh
Edward J. Kazaleh answered on Feb 26, 2014

It may also be possible to establish ownership by adverse possession or file a lawsuit to clear up title. It really depends how large or valuable the land is? I'd like to look into it for you with a no obligation free evaluation. Maybe we could work something out. Please send me specifics by... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Q: My health insurance was canceled because bank didnt make the payment.
Mark Steven Humphreys
Mark Steven Humphreys answered on Sep 30, 2011

This does not appear to be insurance bad faith law. You may have a claim against your bank depending on exactly what happened. Many more details are needed.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Q: My daughter and young son were rear-ended last November. The other driver's insur. co.Allstate, still has not paid claim
Mark Steven Humphreys
Mark Steven Humphreys answered on Sep 30, 2011

If you submitted a request to them to pay and they have not, then you will need an attorney to get involved. It may be necessary to file a lawsuit. Allstate is one of the more difficult companies to deal with when making a personal injury claim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.