Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Native American Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Texas Native American Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Native American Law and Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: I was arrested by a non tribal officer on tribal land and I am a member of the Cherokee nation and reside on reservation

They took me to jail and declined to file charges after arrest ing me and detaining ke I have lost my job over it my wife almost left me it’s caused me aloynof unnecessary problems but they had no justisiction

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Nov 7, 2023

If you were arrested by a non-tribal officer on tribal land and are a member of the Cherokee Nation, there may have been a jurisdictional overstep, depending on the specific circumstances. Tribal sovereignty and federal law generally govern criminal jurisdiction on tribal land, not state... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation, Native American Law and Probate for Texas on
Q: is there a probate lawyer lisenced in texas pro bono

joint owner (seller) me need help from threat of force of sale suit from(other owner) they say or force of me giving up my interest in estate

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 6, 2023

A Texas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Here is a link to a page on this Justia site

Texas Probate Legal Aid & Pro Bono Services

You include Native...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Native American Law for Texas on
Q: Hello I'm looking for an attorney that I will assist me in fighting back a predatory lender tribal law attorney.

Can you please gave someone to call me 832.326.6476 I took out a loan for 1500 and now I'm paying 7000 back ridiculous. Any help you can give would be appreciated. It has to be illegal in Texas. How do I fight these people and not have my credit score or be legally sued. Can you assist me in... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 16, 2023

You may also want to contact the National Association of Consumer Advocates, which is an organization of attorneys and consumer advocates who specialize in protecting the rights of consumers against unfair or abusive lending practices. Their website is

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Native American Law for Texas on
Q: If I have proof can I back this statement up with an appeal

1) caseworker said if I'm negative I don't need to take drug test or treatment

2) there was no violence in my home

3) I am enrolled in a tribe and proof I'm native American

4) I done all my classes and completed them I paid for my classes. Got proof for that... View More

Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
answered on Mar 13, 2022

If you submit this evidence at the trial level you can use it in your , It would be wise to hire a lawyer.

1 Answer | Asked in Native American Law and Tax Law for Texas on
Q: is Allodial american national ID cards a legit tax exempt entity?

I work for a hotel. Guest is claiming tax exempt and only exemption form is a Allodial American National ID card. He claims hes his own entity and is required to be tax exempt. NO tax exempt form was given. It looks like he is using Moors C.M. Bey Orders, sovereignty from Federal laws. Any insight... View More

D. Mathew Blackburn
D. Mathew Blackburn
answered on Jan 13, 2020

No, that's not a legitimate exemption.

He's an idiot and you do not want to get involved in that nonsense.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.