Virginia Municipal Law Questions & Answers

Q: How do you get an interdiction removed in virginia?

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI, Civil Rights and Municipal Law for Virginia on
Answered on Oct 26, 2018
Daniel P Leavitt's answer
In Virginia, the court that entered the order may amend it or cancel it:

You would need to have a hearing before the court that entered the order (and presumably satisfy them that it should not be in place).

Q: I'm looking for the legal auth. for a railroad to maintain a bridge for public access to homes for emergency services.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Environmental, Land Use & Zoning and Municipal Law for Virginia on
Answered on Feb 19, 2018
Richard Sternberg's answer
And, your anticipation is that some presently active lawyer will have a present sense recollection of the history of that property and the changing responsibilities for that bridge in 1892 and 1932? How quaint. What may be useful is if you follow the model of historical societies like Peerless Rockville and research all of the documents and deeds, recorded or included in state bills, regarding that property. Combine that with a title search and a tax roll search in Arlington to create a history...

Q: How should I prevent my car wrongfully being towed?

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Municipal Law and Small Claims for Virginia on
Answered on Oct 15, 2017
F. Paul Maloof's answer
A time stamped photo is a great idea. If you are then towed, call the police and report the car as stolen.

Q: If my dog bit someone, can i move him to a different county and not face penalty?

2 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Municipal Law, Criminal Law and Personal Injury for Virginia on
Answered on Mar 16, 2016
Steve Miyares' answer
Removing the dog to another jurisdiction would not negate potential criminal and/or civil consequences.

Q: Are there any exceptions allowing an LLC to file a bill of particulars in Fairfax County, VA?

1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law for Virginia on
Answered on Jan 17, 2011
Paul A. Prados' answer
Bills of Particulars [BoP] are used primarily in General District Courts [GDC]. Sometimes they are used in the Circuit Court. Fairfax has no special rules regarding LLC's.

The only generally special rule I would consider for an LLC as opposed to a natural person, is that a BoP submitted by an LLC must be submitted by a licensed attorney, and not a layperson member or manager for the LLC.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.