Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
West Virginia Consumer Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law for West Virginia on
Q: and I wanted to no about a class action lawsuit if it had been settled Noe vs city national bank

You can find it on the internet. Just put Noe vs city national bank of wv

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 17, 2022

Court records in most states are generally public unless sealed. You can likely put in a public records request.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Products Liability for West Virginia on
Q: I found a piece of bone or wood in my spaghettios and choked on it can I sue and would it be worth it?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 26, 2020

A West Virginia attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for two weeks. As as general matter, it could be a difficult case. In such lawsuits, a claimant usually needs to demonstrate that they sustained a significant injury that carries some measure of duration or permanence. This... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Small Claims for West Virginia on
Q: Charged with 2 counts theft, 1 count larceny in WV by rent-to-own company. My 1st ever offence.

Had a WV state trooper stop by my house a few days ago telling me a rent to own company I leased items from are pressing 2 theft charges and I think a larceny charge on me for unreturned and non-paymnt of 3 items. He said he would speak with a magistrate judge and get back with my in few days.... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 30, 2020

Your post remains open for two weeks and your matter is something where time is of the essence. You need to consult with a criminal defense attorney - this is not a small claims matter or consumer law matter. If you have not already, contact criminal defense attorneys - or based on your financial... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Business Law for West Virginia on
Q: this is a question about online shopping. I put an item in my cart and continued to shop the sale on the website.

i did not leave the website and was continuing to shop the sale for 20 minutes or so. when i went to pay for the item in question, the system stated the item was no longer available. they sold it out from under me even though i had placed the item in my cart. this is akin to being in a store with... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Feb 10, 2020

There doesn't seem to be anything illegal about this. It isn't against the law to operate an online shopping website where inventory isn't well coordinated with shopping carts of customers. It isn't a good business practice, but it shouldn't be against the law, unless... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Business Formation, Business Law and Civil Litigation for West Virginia on
Q: Issue with electric provider

My electric provider states that I added the incorrect payment information and therefore is denying me the ability to correct my incorrect payment information, will not allow me to pay by phone, and is only giving me the option of paying in person. Do I have any legal recourse? Also there is a... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 6, 2019

I'm sorry for your ordeal with your electric bill. The Public Service Commission of West Virginia oversees public utilities - electric, gas, water, etc. Maybe you could contact them and ask if there is anything they could do to help.

Their website is:
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Consumer Law and Lemon Law for West Virginia on
Q: I am trying to find info. on a class action lawsuit vs. Ford Motor Company re. unintended acceleration filed in 2015.

A long list of vehicles thought to have this defect was attached to the lawsuit, my 2009 Lincoln MKS being one of them. A local Dealer could not pinpoint the problem and claimed there were no recalls or service bulletins on file about the issue. I haven't been able to find which District... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Apr 16, 2018

Contact the center for Auto Safety in Washington DC.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Car Accidents and Consumer Law for West Virginia on
Q: Do insurance companies have to sell you full coverage insurance if there is a lein on the car(still owe money to a bank)

Was in an accident,filed a claim only to find out the insurance company said i only have liability insurance,there is a lein on the car.i never dreamed they wouldnt sell me full coverage with a lein

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Dec 26, 2017

The lien company may require it but the insurance agent asks what you want, you may have said "the cheapest," and that's what you have. I'm not aware of any state that requires that you have collision coverage. Your bank would normally require it, but if you ask your agent for... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Products Liability and Consumer Law for West Virginia on
Q: Had my tuck worked on at a Ford dealership they left a bolt lose on the brake caliper . Wheel locked up.

They admitted that they left the bolt lose. They gave me a free oil change for their mistake This could have been a deadly mistake. A free oil change is a slap in the face. Are they anything else that I can do? Thanks Shawn

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Oct 5, 2016

You don't get a recovery for what could have happened but didn't. If you were in Court tomorrow you have no damage you suffered other than a nasty scare. If you had towing charges, or if tires damaged then those are things they should pay for.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Small Claims and Products Liability for West Virginia on
Q: Can I take legal action

I went to a local restaurant ( Wendy's). and ordered a sandwich with no tomatoes because I am allergic to them. when I checked my food it had tomatoes on it .I then went and ordered another sandwich because I was afraid they would just take them off. Again I told them no tomatoes I am allergic... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 24, 2016

You have a claim. I suggest you contact a member of the W.Va. Assn for Justice as their members give free consultations.

They may suggest that fortunately you caught it and it's a lesser case in which case get some thoughts as to what you'll need for small claims court. But get the free consult.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Consumer Law for West Virginia on
Q: I cosigned for my adult son a new car. He is now allowing his unliscensed teenage son to drive!! what can i do?

I called the bank and ask how to get my name off loan and title, My son would have to refinance, he does not qualify.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jul 30, 2016

Make sure your son has adequate collision to cover the loan value of the car at all times.Point out to him it's bad for his rates and bad for the kid. Kid can get a permit then do the driving.Getting your name off a cosigned loan is tough unless you can get someone the bank will accept to sign... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.