Ask a Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer allows you to get free answers from lawyers in your area for basic legal questions on a variety of topics, including family law, employment law, criminal law, and more.
Add details
More Information:

Recent Questions & Answers

Q: I need help loming for a case in tennessee i need to find the court date

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Apr 23, 2019
Anthony Marvin Avery's answer
Not sure of your question. But start by figuring out what County or Federal District the Defendant is before. Then hire a competent attorney in that County/District to at least look into the matter, and possibly represent her.

Q: How long do I have to foreclose on a home that I bought the tax certificate on in Tn?

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Apr 23, 2019
Anthony Marvin Avery's answer
You need a competent attorney for purchase at any Tax Sale. He needs to perform a Title Search and look at the value, prior to you making a bid at the auction. If it does not look good, walk away.

Q: What type of lawyer would I need to help protect me from educational neglect charges with a truant teenager?

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Apr 23, 2019
Anthony Marvin Avery's answer
Any fairly competent attorney can represent you in Juvenile Court. It is not difficult. But you really do not need a lawyer until you are cited. You might hire someone for a small fee for consultation and more if there is a charge.

Q: Must I file a Pretrial stipulation if I am pro se?

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Florida on
Answered on Apr 23, 2019
Charles M. Baron's answer
My guess is that the court ordered you and the opposing party or parties to file a joint pretrial stipulation, which is a document reflecting the agreements and disagreements between the parties on issues of fact and law. If that is the case, you must either comply with the court order or make a motion requesting the court to excuse you from complying (which most likely would be denied).

Sounds like you need to schedule a consultation with an attorney.

Q: Where can i find forms for quiet title?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Civil Litigation for Michigan on
Answered on Apr 23, 2019
David Soble's answer
There are no forms to quiet title to real estate. A quiet title action is performed by real estate attorneys. To quiet title is to litigate. If you have the time and experience to litigate a matter, and you are a licensed attorney, then you should feel right at home with the courts. Otherwise, check out this slide presentation:

Five Reasons You May Not Even Need An Attorney Good luck! Remember, nothing of value is free.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.