Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Michael Brevda

3 Answers | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for Colorado on

Q: Can a nursing home tell family that they cant come see their family

Michael Brevda answered on Jan 29, 2016

A nursing home can prevent a resident from seeing certain family members if they are a threat to the resident, but that rarely happens. If your family is being prevented from seeing your loved one, you should report that to your local state agency that deals with nursing home abuse. The NCEA has a... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Elder Law for Missouri on

Q: should I contact the company's owner if the front line management won't address abuse in a nursing home

Michael Brevda answered on Jan 29, 2016

Yes, you can try speaking with the owner of the nursing home to stop the elder neglect. Another option is to report the nursing home abuse to your state agency dealing with elder abuse.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is...
Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Alabama on

Q: what is the average attorney fee on a medical malpractice case (nursing home abuse)?

Michael Brevda answered on Jan 29, 2016

It depends on the state. In Florida, our fees are typically 33 1/3 - 40% of the gross recovery.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.