Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alabama Criminal Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Real Estate Law for Alabama on
Q: I paid $23,000 for some property and a house from a few family members of my mine. They knew didn't belong to them.

I have deeds and all paper work to prove my case

William Vann Burkett
William Vann Burkett answered on Oct 6, 2021

You may be considered a bone fide purchaser for value. However, whether you actually obtained title to the property or not is likely dependent on what you knew about the property and what documents were recorded in the probate records. I highly recommend that you contact a real estate attorney that... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Alabama on
Q: I live in Alabama,and I have a 2 month old son if someone breaks into my home do I have all rights to use deadly force?

If the person breaks in when my 2 month old son is in the house

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Alabama on
Q: I had survey done on my yard. Survey showed that neighbors to the north had put a fence on my property. I was arrested.

Perjury committed by neighbors. Good case. Can I sue for false imprisonment ? Did not sit for bar.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Adoption and Child Support for Alabama on
Q: Needless to say the caseworker said it was not her responsibility. I have contacted everyone I possibly can no help

Can you please tell me why the guardian ad ilitem is not responsible for making sure my granddaughter saw a Dr. After bleeding for 28 days at 11 year's of age. I have so much more. While on the phone with my grandson when I could talk to him, the women's pitt bull's got into a fight... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Health Care Law for Alabama on
Q: My son is false charged attempt murder & shooting in vehicle & is a mental VA patient has suffered since ECMO birth.

They continue to abuse him by neglecting to contact VA legal/medical advocate for court hearing or jail visits. They refuse to let me be present & barred me from courthouse & avoided to hear or acknowledge lies of other 4 victims although my son is victim of unjust court actions as news... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Alabama on
Q: I am a 69-year old disabled woman and am being tortured with virtual reality computer, software apps, and VR devices.

I am in constant severe pain, do not have the support of law enforcement. What can I do to help myself and get my story out to others?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Personal Injury for Alabama on
Q: My son is in jail and he's been treated terribly while there what can I do. I have all of the documents that's needed

The information that's needed i can provide to show what has taken place

Nelson Craig Johnson
Nelson Craig Johnson answered on Sep 16, 2021

You should reach out to an attorney and discuss the specific actions that you believe the Jail has done wrong. This question is really to general to provide any substantive response.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Alabama on
Q: In the case of someone being on probation: If they go to jail for a new charge and the probation officer violates them.

The file is then sent back to the original court and they file a warrant for their arrest. (Warrants filed expire at the end of every year & have to be refiled in the new year). The warrant was filed October 2017 & was never refiled after that. He was arrested in December 2020 on that... Read more »

Travis T Juneau
Travis T Juneau answered on Sep 16, 2021

Warrants do not expire in Alabama. In fact, I don't know of a jurisdiction where warrants do expire. If a warrant was issued for his arrest it will remain outstanding until the warrant is served via arrest. Warrants can be defective but, age alone does not make a warrant defective.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Alabama on
Q: It has been raining in my apartment due to storm damage over a year. Where can I get help with a matter like this?

I (we) have reached out to many people about this. Other tenants have been to the mayor ,sheriff and health department as a group. No one will come. Not even a bad area. We are right beside an elementary school. The Health Department wont come just this week after a year of calling did I finally... Read more »

Travis T Juneau
Travis T Juneau answered on Sep 16, 2021

If your apartment is uninhabitable and you have made the landlord aware and the landlord has failed to improve conditions and make the home habitable then you are allowed to break the lease and move. If you get sued by your former landlord for breaking the lease you will have a recognized defense.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Education Law for Alabama on
Q: It's a wood storage building licensed as a gun store business I cut into the back of it with a skill saw I never entered

Is it a 3rd degree burglary in Alabama I never entered or took anything I only damaged the building by cutting a square in the back of it I gave up and left when I couldn't get into it

Nelson Craig Johnson
Nelson Craig Johnson answered on Aug 30, 2021

(a) A person commits the crime of burglary in the third degree if any of the following occur:

(1) He or she knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in a dwelling with the intent to commit a crime therein;

(2) He or she knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in an occupied building...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.