Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alabama Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Alabama on
Q: Does the non custodial parent have to sign a travel consent form? He is MIA, has been court ordered and has a warrant

We have a child support case on going. He has failed to appear to court every time. He has been arrested for FTA, and failure to pay. Recently he has a warrant out for FTA and non paying on May 11th, 2022.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law and Constitutional Law for Alabama on
Q: In Alabama can county officers from another country, allow to conduct traffic stops in another county.
Travis T Juneau
Travis T Juneau answered on May 17, 2022

I'm sorry to have to say this but, it depends. Jurisdiction of a county office doesn't immediately end at the county line. There is an area of concurrent jurisdiction. This means that there is a buffer zone where the counties meet in which officers from both counties are well within their... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Alabama on
Q: Can I be detained in court for coming to pay for 2 past due tickets from 4 years ago?

I have 2 tickets and they issued a warrant because the tickets were mandatory court appearance. The tickets were for suspended license and no insurance. I spoke to the clerk for the county court and she told me to come in and speak with the traffic judge and see what he says about removing the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Alabama on
Q: I live in NC and My Baby is in Foster Care in Alabama because my baby was taken from me at birth. He is over 2 years ol

The case is still on going and not moving forward I still only get supervised visits whenever it is convenient for the foster parent and DHR worker nothing is consistent. I had my baby in alabama while I was visiting. So should my baby be in foster care in alabama or in NC.

0 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Alabama on
Q: parked in a handicap parking space & I backed into it I transport my disabled father a cop told me this was illegal

this was at the city courthouse in athens alabama on the square. I was told it was an $800 fine.

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Alabama on
Q: Hello, i own a mobile home and rent a lot. i pay my lot rent annually. Recently the owner of the park sold it

They first tried to evict me for non payment when I replied to the judge the company and their lawyer and informed them I already paid my lot rent for the entire year they now sent me a notice saying they have doubled my lot rent and if i don't agree i have 30 days to leave. I'm in... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law for Alabama on
Q: What can I do if a neighbors dog sneaks onto my property and gets my dog pregnant

My female dog is going through heat.i put her on a long leash when she uses the restroom. There is a male dog that keeps coming onto my property that tries to get at my pup. What can I do if she gets pregnant

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Alabama on
Q: can I be evicted if I paid 6 mths in advance to the old landlord but now there is a new landlord?

So the property is being bought by someone else and I'm guessing the 6 mths of rent I paid in advance did not transfer because I received an eviction. What Can I do I am a single mother and I am working but just started a new career and am having to wait to be paid until I am done with my... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Alabama on
Q: Do I have a case? Or how should I proceed?

My child (6 y/o female) has had so many issues with her elementary school, this is her first year. She was sent to a large city on a field trip without my consent, shes been burned by coffee from her teachers coffee pot in their classroom without being sent to the nurse, put on buses without my... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Criminal Law and Family Law for Alabama on
Q: My child is 15 and she keeps skipping school and disobeying. What can I do? How can I have her put into a boot camp ?

She rides the bus to school and when she gets off the bus at school she leaves and never goes in. This morning I got a call from the school saying that they have her on camera walking out of home room and running across the parking lot to get into the car with her boyfriend. I have tried everything... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Alabama on
Q: I am currently paying child support for child whom was recently listed as another man child on his obituary

I was placed on child support while incarcerated. The child has a relationship with this other man’s entire family and barely has one with me

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Alabama on
Q: Can I get child support from his my nephews parents?

I live in Alabma,and I have full custody of my 6 year old nephew,his parents don't help at all with him.

I want to know if I can take them to court for child support.

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Alabama on
Q: Alabama I had a company vehicle. Can my employer confiscated my firearm. They have had it for nearly 3 months.

I worked for Alabama power. I had just picked up the gun from academy that day. However my boss acted as if there was something important I needed to go back to the office for. So I returned to the office and had two people waiting for me to put me on administrative leave. That’s another story... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Alabama on
Q: May 3rd moved in. The landlord lives in the house. I signed a lease 2 days ago now he gave me an eviction.

He walks around naked. Asked him to stop. He's made sexual advanced to me. He gets a massage with an Happy Ending which I refused to do. And he leaves his door open so I can hear him masterbate. I said no w

& I believe the eviction notice is retaliation. Also he had up cameras I... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.