Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Municipal Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets, Civil Rights and Municipal Law for Oregon on
Q: what constitutes a abandoned vehicle?

vehicle is licensed, registered, and insured. no one is living in it, parked in a safe public parking space.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence and Municipal Law for Nebraska on
Q: What is assault on confined person no weapon mean exactly & what's can happen at court

Sorry it's assault by a confined person

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Military Law and Municipal Law for New York on
Q: Current military members being singled out in hometown volunteer fire dept. new by-laws approved by membership?

The organization updated it's current bylaws and they reflect unequal practices due to military status? the organization is under the direction/governed by the Village Board whom is allowing this practice. Would like to take a legal action? Would that be possible?

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law and Municipal Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can a mayor in a 1st class municipality fire or demote present chief of police just because he wants to appoint his own?

Mayor has been in office since 1st of year. Now he either demoted or terminated present chief of police for no reason other than he wants to choose who he alone wants. Is this really possible?

0 Answers | Asked in Banking, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for New York on
Q: What law governs New York State owned funds? What are characteristics and requirements of state owned funds ?

If there are different investors in fund but a state entity is majority investor and has 60 percent interest does that make it a state owned fund?

0 Answers | Asked in Municipal Law for Michigan on
Q: Can I file a motion for mandamus twice with different legal arguments in different cases for the same incident?

My referendum petition was rejected because of notary errors on the oath affidavits.

My lawyer, in circuit court made several strange arguments and was ruled against. I appealed as a pro-se litigant and the appellate court confirmed the circuit court's decision. It is too late to... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Mississippi on
Q: Can an inmate be eligible for early parole if one is working and participating in programs and good behavior?

He received 15 yrs (not mandatory) in mdoc . He is eligible for parole 10/2026 as he enters the prison. Can that parole date change to sooner if he is at a work center in pike county working and taking A&D classes and no write ups .

0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Municipal Law and Small Claims for Maryland on
Q: Possible recoup of damages for cat.converter stolen from designated "overnight" poorly lit WMATA parking lot?

Overnight (extended parking) is farthest away, creating danger. No bailment notice seen upon entering Gated area, no ticket given, a 24 hour police rather than making a reasonable attempt at security actually sent false message of security when couples with WMATA's knowledge of prior theft. No... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Immigration Law and Municipal Law for Texas on
Q: Does affects OPT/H1B/Port Of Re-Entry

I am a F1 student and who went to meet my cousin who stays in usa since long years and by mistakenly I sold a vape in his store for that cop gave me a citation to me and i went to the court and paid the fine and plead guilty for that...Does it goes to my long does it stands...Does it... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Municipal Law for Nevada on
Q: Can I submit documents to the court on my wife's behalf in hopes for an early release? (Municipal Court)

She was first of all stopped for no reason at all, she was walking through a Walmart parking lot. Cop searched her and found a crumpled up piece of aluminum foil with some burn marks no drugs no testable residue. Charged and arrested her a criminal misdemeanor of drug paraphernalia. Her bail was... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Municipal Law for Nevada on
Q: What happens when a car is towed upon suspicion of a false temporary plate, but was actually legal?

The towing company thought it was fictitious and towed the vehicle, but the plate was simply from Arizona and fully legal.

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Collections, Elder Law and Municipal Law for Michigan on
Q: My mother-in-law owns a dilapidated unlivable unrepairable house in Bridgeport township. She lives elsewhere.

Her only income is social security and she has no real assets. The township is threatening fines if she doesn’t have it torn down. She was letting go back for unpaid taxes. She has no assets and is considering a lone that she can not afford to remedy this. Does she have any options? Can you put... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Municipal Law for Nevada on
Q: Does power connected illegally let officers enter your home without a warrant under the exigent circumstances?

I need to determine if I have a viable claim and what my options are for seeking redress. I believe I am entitled to compensatory damages as well as punitive damages for the violation of my 4th, 8th and 14th amendment rights. County officials failed to follow established procedures and violated my... Read more »

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith PRO label
answered on Mar 11, 2023

Generally, police officers are not allowed to enter a home without a warrant, unless they have probable cause or exigent circumstances. Exigent circumstances are situations where there is an immediate threat to public safety or where evidence may be destroyed if officers do not act quickly. Whether... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.