Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Gov & Administrative Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Hawaii Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
Q: I live right across the street from a office building no more than 50' away have gas leaf blow dust rubbish leafs legal

What is the revised status for a gas powered leaf blower to be used every mourning at 10am mon-sat blowing mostly dust and dirt very little leaves. What are my rites as a resident within 50 feet of my apartment.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 15, 2023

Laws regarding the use of gas-powered leaf blowers vary widely depending on the specific jurisdiction, city, or even neighborhood regulations. Generally, local ordinances or regulations govern the use of leaf blowers, including their operating hours and noise levels. It's essential to consult... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Hawaii on
Q: Does smoke penetrating homes from neighbors backyard fire, and creating health issues, come under Hawaii nuisance law?
Mark Simonds
Mark Simonds
answered on Jun 25, 2022

An open outdoor fire or open burning emits pollutants directly into the air and includes agricultural, residential, and prescribed burning. The rules regulating open burning are Hawaii Administrative Rules (HAR) Section 11-60.1 Subchapter 3. Generally open burning is prohibited with a few... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Hawaii on
Q: Does a Federal crime override a state crime?

A TRO is in place on one property for 2 family members my father and his son the judge ordered both families to stay in their living areas one family has the front and the other family take the back. Both families share one common area for driving and that leads to front and back of house. The... View More

Mark Simonds
Mark Simonds
answered on Dec 11, 2021

I am so sorry what your ohana is going through, especially around the holidays. Your father relied on the representation of a government official, to his detriment. If he is charged with a violation of the Order for Protection, he may have a defense if the offense was; 1) de minimis; or 2) he did... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Hawaii on
Q: If my tire was damaged while on Federal government property, can I get reimbursed for the cost of the tire?

As I was leaving the parking lot, I hit a broken handicap sign which was protruding approximately 6 inches from the pavement which I did not see.

Mark Simonds
Mark Simonds
answered on Nov 10, 2021

Aloha, I would try to reach out to the entity upon whose premises your vehicle was damaged. For relatively small claims, such as a tire, the National Park Service, for example, will require you to complete a form asking for details if the incident. Typically, these kinds of claims are usually... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Hawaii on
Q: For married co-plaintiffs, can he proceed pro se to represent himself while she hires an attorney to represent herself?

We are both suing the Hawaii Department of Human Services and some of its employees in federal court. He wants to give opening and closing statements and cross examinations but she wants an attorney to do it. We also both have differing litigation strategies. Can we have the best of both worlds and... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 4, 2021

I suggest you delete your case reference.

The individuals should both use an attorney, but if for some reason that is not possible, Federal Courts allow pro se appearances. You may, if applicable, want to fill out the forms to proceed in forma pauperis, which waives most fees.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.