Government Contracts Q&A by State

Your current state is Virginia

US Territories

  • Puerto Rico

Show More States »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Government Contracts Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Government Contracts and Landlord - Tenant for Texas on
Q: I'm on gov. assistance program and the property management company that I'm renting from sent out a rent increase last r

An now another this week but nobody else that's on gov assist an renting from them have another increase.I feel it's retaliation, discrimination along with harassment bc I had exhausted all of my resources for 3 years to have them fix something in this house the correct way.The have a... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Government Contracts for Alaska on
Q: I am wanting to know if a person has a signed governers warrant from Texas to get sent from the anchorage jail to Texas

How many days they can be held for I have read up to 30 days and they can extend it for 60 I just want to make sure that’s true

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Government Contracts for Wisconsin on
Q: So I am part ofa group of homeless that lives In a hotel and it is ran by a few different company's including security

we have been treated like criminals when they are supposed to help. We feel like we are being violated, not properly fed, not cared for, our problems go unheard, our mail gets opened without our consent, people kicked out of program for the littlest things. These people are supposed to be helping... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts for Illinois on
Q: If a city's public health order is issued by and has the wrong job title listed for the signer is it legitimate?

Currently in Chicago there is a Public Health Order issued by and signed by Dr. Arwady as the "Commissioner of Health of the City of Chicago" however through a livestream Q&A with Dr. Arwady moments ago i asked her what her official position title was because she has always been the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts for California on
Q: I am wondering if it is illegal in Los Angeles, CA to pick up stuff from the curb, like chairs or desks etc

Municipal code Chapter 5, article 6, section 66.28 has some information on this. But I’m confused on the wording and other cases like California vs. Greenwood that say that it’s alright as long as it’s not on their property.

0 Answers | Asked in Antitrust, Government Contracts and Legal Malpractice for Colorado on
Q: Could it be a conflict of interest that I unknowingly hired the county commissioner as my defense attorney?

I was arrested and I believe it may result in a civil suit against the county when I’m exonerated. The attorney I retained actually used the words “falsely accused” before I did. I was very clear with my directions. I said; “I need an interview with the detective”, “I am not... Read more »

Q: In Nevada social workers illegally kidnap my son and make up allegation 10 days later. NO hearing, visitations, reason.

My son born March, 2020, 2 months old mom calls cops verbal dispute. walked to nearby residence, lose son for 2 months. Exactly one year later to the date same officer sends report to DCFS. Takes CW1 6 weeks to arrive, sons good, she passes it to CW2 who takes 6 months to make initial contact from... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Business Law, Education Law and Government Contracts for Oregon on
Q: What is the legal definition for "written form"?

I'd like to know the legal definition for "written form". Is it just anything written, or typed, or...? Is it a hard copy or can be a digital print? How is "written form" supposed to be presented and given? Thank you.

1 Answer | Asked in Government Contracts, Banking, Business Formation and Business Law for California on
Q: I received an email from " Jerome Powell " saying the federal reserve bank has millions o dollars in my name . There

Supposedly their is a large fund from the imf that belongs to me , it's been going on for 4 yrs now . What are the chances it's real ? I have acct numbers docket numbers but where can I validate them

Julie King
Julie King answered on Dec 27, 2021

It's almost certainly SPAM, but a lawyer would need to look at the actual email to tell one way or the other. Look at the email address from which it came. Does it end with .gov or .com? All government addresses should end with .gov. Also, if they ask you for your social security number or... Read more »

Q: Hello, I need to write an acknowledgement to the state of Maryland courts. I am not contesting to the charges

Of second degree assault against my finance. We both have one charge each against each other and didn't want to press charges but state automatically picked it up. I need to make sure I am writing the correct document that I need to have notarized and gives you the state's attorney

Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley answered on Dec 25, 2021

Stop. Do not do whatever it is you are thinking of doing. Hire a criminal defense attorney before you do something truly foolish and irreversibly ruin your record and damage your career and prospects.

View More Answers

Q: Is information regarding the placement of security cameras owned/operated by a city subject to public records discovery?

I am asking in regards to the State of Tennessee, for example would a city have to release the locations of security cameras that they own/use? I understand there exceptions to public record laws in Tennessee, but considering that I could just drive around the city and locate all the cameras I... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Federal Crimes, Government Contracts and Wrongful Death for Florida on
Q: What is the best way to find/establish a lawful team to sue a prison for negligence, wrongful death, & other violations?

Prison Location: North Carolina

My Location: Florida

Relation to deceased: Daughter

Date of Death: 10/18/2020

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron answered on Dec 12, 2021

So sorry to hear about your daughter. Since this happened in North Carolina, you must search for an attorney in that state. Look for attorneys handling civil rights. Options: (A) Click on the Justia find-a-lawyer tab up top; (B) Search the National Lawyers Guild site at... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Government Contracts, Contracts and Employment Law for Maryland on
Q: I have 2 questions actually about 2 different incidents. First I was fired from Old Federal Tool Company because i had

because i had court for myself one day for personal matters and then the following week I had to go to court because I was summoned as a Witness and the court document said I could be arrested if I did not show . I had no choice and showed my employer all paperwork beforehand and he was okay with... Read more »

Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley answered on Dec 13, 2021

You are an employee at will, meaning you can be fired at any time for any reason other than for a Constitutionally protected reason (your race, religion, sex, etc.).

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Government Contracts for Maryland on
Q: I was working a contract position and after a year I was to move on to the long term contract -fortune 500 company.

I completed everything and filled out the offer letter. I was supposed to start and then they decided to go a different way with no warning at all. Can they do that even after I filled out an offer letter and ALL employment documentation?

Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley answered on Dec 7, 2021

Until you have a signed and binding contract, you have nothing to sue upon. Therefore, if you have paperwork that you believe makes a binding contract, then take it to an employment lawyer to review. It is not possible to guess what agreement exists, if any, between you and the company.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Government Contracts on
Q: MVA student of government grant program was just removed from program due to accident and modifications the school has

Said I could return but will not be paid for placement also told me what to put in the email saying I will agree to not be paid for my placement if they allow me to return once well I will be working 300 hours for free while everyone else is paid I am not returning as of now as my care provider has... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Nov 6, 2021

In terms of the car, if there were no injuries, it would be handled as a property damage claim. How that is handled could depend on available insurance coverage. If there is coverage under your policy, it could be handled by your carrier. If not, it could be handled through the insurance carrier of... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Government Contracts and Intellectual Property for Colorado on
Q: Does my company own the right to my licenses?

During the course of my employment with my current employer I uptained my professional engineer (PE) license. I paid for all classes, books, exams out of my pocket. I even took paid time off to take the exam. My company really wants to use this license on their proposal work in order to win more... Read more »

D. Mathew Blackburn
D. Mathew Blackburn answered on Oct 27, 2021

The company does not have the right to use your property without your permission. Get your request in writing and then if they don't comply within 10 days go get a lawyer.

Also, if you're a W2 employee and you were told you would receive a pay increase and you didn't file a...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.