Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Missouri Arbitration / Mediation Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Missouri on
Q: Can I sue my publishing complany since they have breeched their contract? They're 6 mo. past their schedule.

I have a publishing contract that has not allowed me to publish with anyone else during this time. The contract was signed january 18th, 2021 and the company had 220 maximum days to complete the contract. They have done zero promotion of the book, as it is in the contract, have not even sent me the... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Mar 5, 2022

I'm sorry your question remains open for a month. A Missouri attorney could advise best, but any attorney would likely want to review the terms of the contract before offering meaningful guidance. You could reach out to Missouri attorneys to discuss. This is posted under Arbitration/Mediation.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Missouri on
Q: My son's phone was damaged by 2 boys at school. They admitted it, parents agreed to pay. Now they refuse.

I reported it to school and the boys admitted to it & the parents said they'd pay to repair it so I filed a claim with my insurance company. The deductible turned out to be $225. Upon hearing that amount the parents now don't want to pay. They expected the screen repair was only going... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Oct 28, 2018

sue them in small claims

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Missouri on
Q: I recently purchased a home. now we are have major problems...

We had a home inspection, radon, sewer lateral inspection, and gas inspection. We closed and moved in on 9/1/17, it hasn't even been a full three months. Since moving in we've had our garage door break, ac went out, we had to snake one drain stack due to it being full of roots, our master... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Missouri on
Q: Father and mother not married. Mother has custody of child. Father dies without will. Does child inherit? What is next?

Custody of child and support of child was settled by arbitrator. Child was with father every other weekend, and a specified time during each week. Mother was awarded child support, but father never paid. Situation may be adversarial.

Jonathan Craig Reed
Jonathan Craig Reed
answered on Nov 21, 2013

Since the father acknowledged the child the child will be one of the intestate heirs. There may be other heirs depending on all of the facts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.