Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Municipal Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Small Claims and Municipal Law for Nevada on
Q: If there is no Db limit in the laws of my community am I allowed to play loud music inside my house during the day?

There is no written Db limit or laws in my community/town regarding loud music inside someone’s home, however I am being harassed by police during the day by my neighbors for playing loud music inside my home as I am a professional musician working on my job. Do I have any options?

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 6, 2023

In Nevada, even if there isn't a specific decibel (Db) limit defined in local ordinances, there are usually general nuisance or disturbance laws that can apply. Being free from specific Db limits doesn't necessarily mean one can play music at any volume without potential consequences. If... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Military Law, Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Nevada on
Q: is it legal to carry a real katana on your waist in nevada ?

and is it illegal to draw your katana while not in self defense situations?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 11, 2023

In Nevada, it is generally legal to openly carry bladed weapons, including katanas, but using it in a manner perceived as threatening or dangerous could potentially lead to criminal charges such as assault or brandishing a weapon. Regarding drawing your katana in non-self-defense situations, doing... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Municipal Law for Nevada on
Q: Does power connected illegally let officers enter your home without a warrant under the exigent circumstances?

I need to determine if I have a viable claim and what my options are for seeking redress. I believe I am entitled to compensatory damages as well as punitive damages for the violation of my 4th, 8th and 14th amendment rights. County officials failed to follow established procedures and violated my... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 11, 2023

Generally, police officers are not allowed to enter a home without a warrant, unless they have probable cause or exigent circumstances. Exigent circumstances are situations where there is an immediate threat to public safety or where evidence may be destroyed if officers do not act quickly. Whether... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law for Nevada on
Q: In Clark County NV, can the county force me out of my home to live on the streets declaring my house an imminent danger

Just because I was unable to pay the power bill?

Janice Jacovino
Janice Jacovino
answered on Feb 23, 2023

They can not force you to live on the streets but they are able to remove you from the house/ declare the home unsafe.

There are several agencies/programs that can help with power bills and other utilities.

some include:
View More

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Elder Law, Municipal Law and Probate for Nevada on
Q: I'm a personal representative on will and sole beneficiary on will. Do I still have to file with courts Reno NV

Owes back taxes and past debts are on his credit report and future bills there is no money or assets to pay them. What I'm supposed to do?

Delwyn E. Webber
Delwyn E. Webber
answered on Feb 22, 2019

Under NV Statute, the Will should be filed with the Court. If there are no assets, only liabilities, then there is no reason to spend funds opening an insolvent Probate. It would be different if there were assets to be transferred to you as the heir.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.