Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Intellectual Property legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
New Mexico Intellectual Property Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property, Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Small Claims for New Mexico on
Q: Wa u of cop dosent give all of your property back in new mexico after case is dismissed
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jun 10, 2024

If the police in New Mexico do not return your property after your case is dismissed, you have several options to pursue. First, request the return of your property in writing, ensuring you keep copies of all correspondence. This creates a record of your efforts to reclaim your belongings.... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Trademark and Intellectual Property for New Mexico on
Q: I own a trademark brand that's been cancel.And the attorney that that I still have his name on, no longer exist
Felicia Altman
Felicia Altman
answered on Dec 1, 2023

If a trademark has been cancelled by the USPTO, generally you must refile the mark to regain ownership of the trademark. You can engage any Trademark Service or Trademark attorney to assist with this matter. Depending on why the trademark was cancelled it should be a straightforward process for... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property, Land Use & Zoning, Real Estate Law and Tax Law for New Mexico on
Q: I found property but I have done research and have found out that the man who lived there has passed away in 2018,and

Apparently he didn't have any kids people that he would have left it to as far as I've been told it's been vacant for a very long time and nobody's really done anything except for them putting a sign that says substandable with black letters on the board that says no rest not... View More

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 22, 2023

Hire a NM attorney to search the title, then check on tax payments. An heirship determination will have to be made. If no tax sale or foreclosure is imminent, then try to purchase a Deed from all tenants in common heirs. Property may not be worth the trouble.

1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property, Trademark and Copyright for New Mexico on
Q: I am asking for clarification on the Let's get Ready to Rumble trademark.

I am a pastor at a church beginning a new series called "the Rumble" We would like to have a mic fall from the ceiling and one of the pastors to say Let's Get Ready to Rumble. We have a livestream and want to avoid trademark/copyright issues. Can I have some assistance in this?

Fritz-Howard Raymond Clapp
Fritz-Howard Raymond Clapp pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 2, 2023

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE has been registered since 2000 for advertising and entertainment, by sports announcer Michael Buffer through his corporation READY TO RUMBLE INC. The proposed use for similar services could be considered infringing by the trademark owner. However, since the context of... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Intellectual Property and Patents (Intellectual Property) for New Mexico on
Q: Hello, I would like to file a patent, I did some searches and only came to this page as the main conclusion.

I have a logo that’s placed on shoe that I would like to patent

Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta
answered on Aug 2, 2021

You are confused. You probably need to file for a trademark. Consult with an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental and Intellectual Property for New Mexico on
Q: Water from another property keeps destroying my property when it rains what and how do I go about fixing this

Coming off there roof out the back side of fence down the desert and out and tro my yard do I sue them are the city

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 11, 2021

A New Mexico attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. At this point, you could reach out to an attorney in your state who is familiar with the riparian rights/surface water run-off doctrines in your jurisdiction. These can vary across different parts of the nation.... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Intellectual Property for New Mexico on
Q: How do I assign my patent in aerospace to Airbus. This patent has the potential of revolutionizing air travel.
William Scott Goldman
William Scott Goldman
answered on Jul 10, 2020

Well, if Airbus has expressed interest and you've already negotiated a purchase agreement, then one of the patent lawyers on this site should be able to assist with drafting the assignment.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Intellectual Property for New Mexico on
Q: Why can't I find an attorney to take my case. City Council is going to demolish my home for no reason.

I have 4 different licensed contractors say it doesn't need to be demolished. I had 2 licensed contractor try to pull a permit and was denied. I just want to remodel this home and live in it. I go to court tomorrow, on city wanting to dismiss it. My hearing is set for April 9th, if it's... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 12, 2020

If you had your April 9th hearing already, it could be a moot point, but attorneys might be apprehensive about charging for services where they have difficulty in predicting an outcome. You could keep trying. Another issue is that the health crisis has paralyzed court operations and professional... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Copyright and Intellectual Property for New Mexico on
Q: I sell rustic wood pallets. If someone tells me to carve the dallas cowboys logo on one is it copyright infringing?
Karima Gulick
Karima Gulick
answered on Dec 15, 2019

Since you're selling these for profits and not using them for personal use, you might get into trouble for trademark and possibly copyright infringement without the appropriate licenses and permissions from the trademark owner.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Copyright and Intellectual Property for New Mexico on
Q: Copyright questions about a product we sell: In violation or not? Fight false DMCA requests.


We sell a product that is similar to a competitors. It is the same shape and style but our products each have a unique logo. The shape and style are derived from a Ford product (without violating any copyrights). The competitor is filing DMCA claims in a harassing manner in order to... View More

Benton R Patterson III
Benton R Patterson III
answered on Oct 7, 2017

An attorney would need to review the two products to determine determine if one product infringes the other. You may have a defense. Often items that have a useful function are not protected by copyright, and if they are, only a limited aspect of the design is covered. An attorney would have to... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright and Intellectual Property for New Mexico on
Q: I have an ecommerce website and I copied the descriptions from another competitors site. They are now threatening to sue

Do they have a case?

Will Blackton
Will Blackton
answered on May 3, 2017

Without more details about your case, all I can say is that using someone's literary works without their permission can be the basis for a copyright infringement lawsuit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.