Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Mexico Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for New Mexico on
Q: Can I get this expunged?

I have 3rd degree deferred dismissed charges of abandonment or abuse of a child. All was completed and dismissed 10 years ago. I understand that these charges typically cannot be expunged however I can find nothing as far as if it's dismissed. Is it possible to have these expunged in new mexico?

0 Answers | Asked in Election Law for New Mexico on
Q: Can a 501(c)4 donate directly to a NM state candidate? When would such a group need to set up a PAC to make donations?

This group is a "social welfare" organization, working on policy changes.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for New Mexico on
Q: How many welfare checks can CYFD conduct on one parent in a year?

how many welfare checks are the CYFD office able to do on a single parent in one year until it becomes harrassment?

0 Answers | Asked in Internet Law for New Mexico on
Q: A 100% free site allows 2 people to get in touch and do sexual activities with each other is it considered prostitution?

Paying and/or any exchanges for sexual activity is never allowed and results in account termination, everyone on the site has to confirm their age with a photo of them fully clothed and some form of identification, all profile under go background checks, and confirmation, any sex offenders are not... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for New Mexico on
Q: I am the sol owner of a truck and im tryimg to retrieve it from my old house which is my legal address. Its blocked in

And my ex refuses to move the vehicles.

How can I retrieve my vehicle. Im waiting for a tow truck now

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for New Mexico on
Q: My brother recently passed. He had no spouse or children. There are 4 siblings. He has about $6000 in bank and a pickup

Everyone received various personal items. Who should be in charge of handling his remaining things?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for New Mexico on
Q: Can officers enter residence while I was asleep ?

I was arrested for paraphernalia and possession.

There was a robbery few doors down and they said my back door was wide open. I was working graveyard shift for senior/residents

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Domestic Violence for New Mexico on
Q: If someone admits to a crime can charges be dropped due to lack of evidence by magistrate judge?

Shouldn’t the case be bound over to district court? Magistrate judge dismissed the case, then later changed the case disposition to discharged and shortly after, the case was destroyed. The charges were aggravated battery with a deadly weapon/domestic violence. Shouldn’t the case records be... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for New Mexico on
Q: Hello, I had an issue at my local convince store and they refused me service after it all went down, after they refused

Service to my boyfriend who was buying something separately, could he try to sue?

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for New Mexico on
Q: I filed a sexism complaint against work and now I feel intimidated and retaliation is occurring, what can I do?

I filed a complaint with the U.S. EOC because on Mothers day, the moms at work came to work & the male employees scheduled made secret deals with the male manager to not come in when scheduled, if at all. Why? because they have mommys.. The Manager told me the day before he would be in between... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for New Mexico on
Q: As a 1099-misc contract employee of a Medical based company, do I have to get a GRT and NTTC and still pay Gross Taxes?

I was recently audited by the state and told I needed to apply for the GRT and get an NTTC on my own or from the company I used to work for.

My pay was under "Non-Employee Compensation" of my 1099, doesn't this fall under N.M. Stat. § 7-9-17?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.