Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Virginia Communications Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Family Law, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Virginia on
Q: Can my father's living siblings & children successfully fight for the right to properly bury my father who has no will.

My father is born and raised in Danville, VA. He remarried to make his oldest daughter a legal citizen which wasn't completed. His baby mother has refused to allow us to have his body for our funeral & burial. They expect our entire family to drive 8 hours to visit my father, plus they are... Read more »

Benjamin Inman
Benjamin Inman answered on Sep 21, 2021

Im sorry that you lost your father. Losing a parent at any age can be extremely difficult.

I dont think there is enough information in your question to give you an answer. My best guess from reading between the lines here is that your father died outside of Virginia in a state where he was...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law for Virginia on
Q: Theodore G paraskevakos thanks

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 16, 2019

It's possible your question somehow got left off in uploading. You could try reposting. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Communications Law for Virginia on
Q: Can I blur out faces of my kids in subpeona?

My wife got a subpeona from her friend's ex-husband to provide any pictures of her with her friend, or of her friend and her friend's kids. Some pictures have my kids in them. Can I blur out their faces, and print out the pictures to hand in, or do I have to provide them in digital... Read more »

Michael Christopher Miller
Michael Christopher Miller answered on Mar 13, 2018

You can ask the attorney who issued the subpoena if they will agree to receive photos with the faces blurred.

Or, you can file an objection/seek a protective order to seek guidance from the court.

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law for Virginia on
Q: Cell phone provider abruptly disconnected my service. This has caused me having no cell phone service. Recourse?

They told me the only way they will reconnect my service is if I pay in cash to one of their dealers.

I cannot port my number to any other provider. Because my number is unreachable (I have owned it for over 10 years), it is causing me great harm.

I have opened an FCC complaint but... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 13, 2018

Contact your state's Public Utilty Commission , see if they have a consumer advocate.Switch carriers. Get a new trac phone and pay as you go.

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Libel & Slander, Personal Injury and Employment Law for Virginia on
Q: How frequently is social media content and other forms of electronic communication such as, text messages used in cases?
Gary D. Godman
Gary D. Godman answered on Nov 9, 2016

It's used quite often in many different types of cases. If the messages are relevant and overcome any hearsay objections, electronic communications can make or break a case. If you are in a case reliant on what was said on social media or in text, work with an attorney to plan for the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Criminal Law and Libel & Slander for Virginia on
Q: If someone is on supervises probation and got put out from a so called friend resident could they be vol.

Also the person who set there belongs outside called their 15 year old a nasty name is that consider slander or defamation.

Susan Fremit
Susan Fremit answered on Dec 25, 2015

If a condition of the supervised probation is to reside at a certain address, the probation officer must be told immediately if there is a change of address.

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law for Virginia on
Q: Being harassed on internet and slandered. what can I do
Ray Beckerman
Ray Beckerman answered on Sep 4, 2014

If you have a viable defamation case, you can bring a lawsuit for money damages.

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law for Virginia on
Q: Can i get an ip address if i have been threaten over the internet. I have requested information from topix so i can pres


Jerry Lutkenhaus
Jerry Lutkenhaus answered on Feb 18, 2012

You can check with the Virginia attorney general's office for consumer affairs. You can also check with your locks commonwealth attorney's office about filing criminal charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.