Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Connecticut Car Accidents Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Connecticut on
Q: My car was parked and I got hit by a lady and she is saying a car hit her what do I do ?

Her insurance don't want to pay for the damage or rental for my car , and she don't got proof of the car hitting my car and she got no information of the other car nothing at all and her insurance don't want to pay for anything

Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg answered on Mar 3, 2017

You need an attorney to sue her. You also need a police report to substantiate the event.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Connecticut on
Q: Does insurance follow the car or the drivers?

Yesterday a driver stopped on the train tracks due to traffic, then the train started to come. So then she decided to reverse at full speed and attempt to make a Illegal U-turn, she ofcourse slammed into my parked car. Causing it to slam into a gate on other side. So needless to say it looks as if... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 1, 2017

You were in the totaled car and have injuries. Contact a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association--they give free consults. You can write the other driver, tell her her /owners insurance has denied, if she doesn't have insurance you will ask to have her and owner's licenses suspended.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury, Consumer Law and Products Liability for Connecticut on
Q: is it legal for a buy here pay here dealership to sell you a car with an open recall and faulty ignition switch

Bought and 09 chevy cobalt from a buy here pay here dealership. They never mentioned that the ignition switch had not been fixed and now I'm recieving letters in the mail from GM telling me it needs to be replaced or death/serious injury could occur.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 30, 2017

The letters presumably say they will pay. In which case, no harm, no foul. If they aren't a GM dealer not sure they have a duty to check each car for recalls--especially as that can be done as easily by you.

If you have further questions why not get a consultation from a consumer...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Connecticut on
Q: if someone sells a car ( has proof of sale etc,)but the registration is not cancelled, who is liable in case of accident
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 2, 2016

The new owner is liable to "someone"--but if the someone didn't cancel registration but, for instance, dropped policy of insurance, and new person had no insurance, then the DMV might go looking at the the seller. If "someone" had

insurance on the car then turn the...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Civil Litigation for Connecticut on
Q: Should I be compensated for lost warranties when a vehicle is declared "totaled" in an accident?

Space constraints forced deletion of earlier content.

Re Peter Munsing's reply: Approx. $1k of individual parts are warrantied as long as I own the vehicle, almost unconditionally, independent of any time or mileage, and as many times as they break or wear out. If compensation should... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 23, 2016

If you bought an extended warranty, yes. As far as parts, you can try if you can show it was very recently purchased. However most parts are not recoverable as that is considered "routine maintenance." As to the "lost opportunity" of the used parts you can't use now, I... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Connecticut on
Q: What should be done with this situation?

My sister got into a car accident today. She was going to make a left turn. Before she make a turn she know there are no oncoming car. One of the car was stop on the other side of the road. When my sister turn, he back up his car kind of fast and hits my sister car. He told the police that... Read more »

Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 14, 2016

Does the police report have the statement from your sister as well? Have your reported the claim to your insurance company? Were either of you injured? There are a lot of questions here. Since the person who hit your sister's car may file a claim, your insurance carrier should be notified. If... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Lemon Law and Car Accidents for Connecticut on
Q: Civil Court what do I file with the court if after the interrogatories he shows no evidence that I damaged his vehicle?

Hartford, CT. Guy claims in a private lot that I hit his car. He has no evidence (besides pictures of his vehicle with damage), no witnesses, no camera footage. He has made my life hell for 6+ months now. Did not have insurance at the time and his insurance didn't fix his vehicle as he only... Read more »

Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 13, 2016

Try filing request for admissions that he has no evidence of A, B, C. etc.

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Connecticut on
Q: If i have a car that is registered but not insured and someone else get in an accident who is responsable?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 11, 2016

If you are in a crash as the not-at-fault person and were hurt,contact a member of the Ct. Assn for Justice--they give free consultations.If you weren't in the car, the damage should be paid by at fault car's insurance.

If your car is driven by someone at fault, hopefully they...
Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Connecticut on
Q: Can I get more compensation for my accident after a year and I settled my case with the driver?
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Feb 4, 2016

Hard to undo a final release. Insurance companies try to get unrepresented persons to settle prematurely. Talk to a local lawyer.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Connecticut on
Q: If I am unhappy with an attorny I signed a contingency agreement with a recent auto accident,can I get out/ another atty
Jonathan Craig Reed
Jonathan Craig Reed answered on Aug 28, 2013

It is always your right to fire your attorney and hire another one. The problems is that the fired lawyer may put lien on your case and in the worst case scenario you owe two attorney fees.

To avoid this problem you should get the second lawyer to promise to take care of the first...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Connecticut on
Q: What are my rights as an injured person involved in a hit and run accident? Driver was notified. Insur. Co. did nothing.
Timothy J. Deffet
Timothy J. Deffet answered on Aug 31, 2012

If you have the identity of the person that hit you, you should immediately contact a Connecticut personal injury attorney to help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.