Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Delaware Civil Litigation Questions & Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Civil Litigation for Delaware on

Q: If the opposing party claims I didn't properly preserve the evidence of my car accident case, does that mean my case

can't proceed to trial?

Rahlita D. Thornton answered on Nov 21, 2018

Do you have photos of the damage to your vehicle? This should be sufficient in most instances. Get an attorney on the case, especially if it just occurred.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Landlord - Tenant and Small Claims for Delaware on

Q: I have a bad mold issue. I have had it professionally tested and the results came back horrible. What is my next step?

The results for stratysbotrys and other toxic molds have came back in high numbers. I had swab samples and air testing both done. I have contacted the county, health department, fire marshal, attorney general and not one of them can seem to help me. My landlord is not cooperating with me at all... Read more »

Camille Brooks Ibrahim answered on Jul 5, 2018

You can sue the landlord considering you were under his premises while the mold accumulated! That is a premises liability suit depending on the time frame the mold was formed.

2 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Delaware on

Q: Teatimony

I demanded a person that made me a damge.When his lawyer ask me what was the damge I confused and told him,by mistake, a wrong answer. My lawyer was angry with me so I suggested him to say the judge that I have a reason for my ''huge mistake''(as my lawyer said) and that reason can be a... Read more »

Charles Snyderman answered on Jul 15, 2014

I'm sorry but I do not understand your question. What I can tell you is that when you have a lawyer, it is his duty to answer your questions. I suggest you discuss this with your lawyer.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Delaware on



Charles Snyderman answered on Jun 22, 2014

Can you give us more information? Which Court? What's the case about?

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Delaware on

Q: Can a car repair facility (aamco) sell my vehicle for scrap without my consent when there is a lean on the title ?

Charles Snyderman answered on May 12, 2014

Please explain what led the repair facility to sell your vehicle, and what notice you received in advance.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Delaware on

Q: I currently live in a townhouse, and my next door neighbors currently rent the property. We are having issues with them.

They continue to smoke in the house and we are constantly smelling smoke coming through the walls. I've called their rental company, asking them to stop. They stop for a while, then start up again. They are also on a month to month contract. I've called the rental company 2 times in the past 9... Read more »

Charles Snyderman answered on Feb 8, 2013

Your question raises some interesting questions. Bringing a lawsuit to recover money would not solve your problem, so the best remedy for you would be an injunction. The issue would be whether the Court would consider smoking a nuisance. As far as I know, this issue has not been addressed by a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Delaware on

Q: I was tricked into signing affidavit. 95% is true, I don't agree with other 5%. Is it legal?

Charles Snyderman answered on Jan 30, 2013

Who tricked you? What was the affidavit used for? Are you asking if the affidavit is valid, or are you asking whether it is legal for someone to trick you like this?

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Delaware on

Q: DOES THE LACK OF A SIGNED sTIPULATED Agreement void the agreement before the Court.

Charles Snyderman answered on Jan 10, 2013

Can you provide more details?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Civil Litigation for Delaware on

Q: Can a Delaware corporation not in good standing file a lawsuit other than under 278?

Charles Snyderman answered on Jan 6, 2013

The answer is "Yes," but if the attorney representing the defendant discovers that the corporation is not in good standing, the attorney will file a motion to dismiss. If the corporation fails to become current with franchise taxes, the Court will grant the motion.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Delaware on

Q: How long does a judge have after requesting a brief on May 22, 2012 to make a decision?

The case is in Delaware

Charles Snyderman answered on Jan 5, 2013

Once briefs have been submitted by all the parties, there is no time limit for a judge to render his decision. I'm assuming your case is a civil case rather than a criminal one. Judges are very busy, and there are times when it takes many months before you receive their decision. Waiting can be... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.