Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia International Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Family Law and International Law for Georgia on
Q: As part of a deal for my international custody case the opposing party is wanting temporary custody given to them.

My lawyer agreed on this without my knowledge

Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV answered on Mar 6, 2019

Without knowing all the details to this case it's difficult to give you a response. I'm also not sure what your question is. You have an attorney, so you should probably speak with the attorney to find out what happened and why they agreed to something that you were not aware of. Start there and if... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in International Law, Internet Law and Juvenile Law for Georgia on
Q: So, if a 19 Year Old in England is soliciting nudes from a 16 Year Old in america, what laws apply?

Basically a friend of mine 16(american) was talking to a guy in england, and had minor sexually lenient conversations, and apparently asked to send nudes by a 19(british) guy. She said no and was very creeped out, I confronted the guy and he said that the age of consent was 16 in England and there... Read more »

P. Justin Thrailkill
P. Justin Thrailkill answered on Apr 4, 2018

Sixteen is the age of consent in Georgia too. That said, you should still address it with the police. Nothing will likely come of it, as he will not be arrested for anything unless he comes to Georgia, but there could be other crimes here.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and International Law for Georgia on
Q: Will I have a hard time obtaining a passport for my almost 3 year old daughter? We live in GA.

Her father and I were not married and he's not in the picture. I currently have a child support case in process. His last known location was in NC, but they haven't been able to locate him nor do I have an address. He is on her birth certificate and she does have his last name. He's only seen her... Read more »

Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards answered on Dec 22, 2016

If there is no legitimation, you have sole legal custody, and should be able to obtain a passport. You may want to bring a copy of the law to the passport office.

1 Answer | Asked in International Law and Immigration Law for Georgia on
Q: How long can I take the gap while changing from one college to another in US if I am an international student?
Shan Dimitris Potts
Shan Dimitris Potts answered on Jul 27, 2016

You have 60 days to leave the U.S if you are not attending school, the same applies for changing school as well. If you would like a free consultation feel free to contact my office (323-803-7147).

All the best.

-Shan Potts

Like our facebook page for regular immigration...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.