Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: My partner had surgery last year in atlanta than three months later he had the same surgery at a another hospital .

Mid July he had his appendex removed and a blockage and was kept in bed for 25 days. Wasn't even allowed to get up to use rest room. He was released still throwing up. They done 3 exrays and said he would be sick for a while. He kept his appointments and made extra bc he was still throwing up... Read more »

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jan 13, 2016

For there to be medical malpractice, a health care professional's actions (or omissions) must fall below the standard of care and cause injury. Whether this happened in your situation requires more investigation.

Contact a local medical malpractice lawyer for a free consultation....
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: Do I need a lawyer? I had a. C section in april of this year and had some complication with full placenta previa.

And after surgey it got infected and i was back in the hospital due to abscess rupture on my uterus and burst through the skin where the scar is at. So after about 7 CAT scans and seeing the pockets of abscess and puss. The doctors told me it would heal and they dont wanna open me back up and clean... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Oct 22, 2015

First, you need a second opinion by a medical doctor.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: I have no ACL due to misdiagnoses by doctor 14 years ago. Said it was sprained, was actually torn. Medical malpractice?

Happened in Savannah, Georgia. I should have had surgery to repair my ACL when the injury occurred...14 years of pain and not being able to run and play with my children because I was misdiagnosed. Is this a malpractice case?

John M DeProspo
John M DeProspo answered on Jun 12, 2015

It could be malpractice but your time to sue has long passed. The statute of limitations in your state is two years from the date of injury.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: I fired my lawyer now he's holding my settlement what can i do

My X lawyer lied about the cost of my medical bills, he lied about trying to reduce them and wouldn't show itemize statement for attorney cost so i refused to sign the release.

Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman answered on Jun 17, 2014

Most lawyers are highly ethical. In Georgia, the conduct of lawyers is governed by the Georgia Rules of professional Conduct. However, if what you say is true, you should file a grievance. The link is

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: Is there a good web site to compare lawsuits and their awarded settlements
Mr. Robert Neal Katz
Mr. Robert Neal Katz answered on Sep 8, 2011

Our office utilizes databases associated with Westlaw. There are also similar databases offered by Lexis-Nexis. These are paid databases and are not open to persons just searching the internet. There are some services that offer a one time report to compare verdicts and settlements for various... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: Did clarence gilmore win a $137 million malpractice law suit in atlanta, georgia?
Mr. Robert Neal Katz
Mr. Robert Neal Katz answered on Sep 8, 2011

I do not know Mr. Gilmore and have not heard of him winning a medical malpractice lawsuit of $137 million. If a medical malpractice verdict was renedered in this amount in Georgia, I think it would have been reported in the Daily Legal newspaper. It is possible I just did not see the story.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.