Oklahoma Land Use & Zoning Questions & Answers

Q: My mother died 2018 w/handwritten will leaving me 2 lots bare land. How can I get it in my name w/o lawyer?

2 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Jan 21, 2019
Doak Willis' answer
No unless you know the probate laws of Oklahoma and can do the paperwork required to file in Court to clear up the title to the property. But you would still have to file paperwork in Court.

Q: How much is involved in filing a petition for an injunction against trespass in oklahoma.

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Oklahoma on
Answered on Aug 8, 2018
Doak Willis' answer
The answer to that question depends on which County you live in and the attorney you choose to represent you. Further, it could also be influenced by whom the defendants might be and the facts of the case. Generally, you probably are looking at a retainer fee of anywhere from $2000 and higher. The costs for filing and service would be a minimum of approximately $250.

Q: If I Live in Arkansas and the owner of the Land I lease in Oklahoma Lives in Kansas, which state do small claims

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Land Use & Zoning and Landlord - Tenant for Oklahoma on
Answered on Apr 11, 2018
Gary Johnston Dean's answer
The County in Oklahoma where the land is located pursuant to 12 OS 131. Click this link http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=93676 to view it.

Q: Bought land that hasn't been surveyed in over 100 yrs. Put in a driveway and found out we are 104ft on undeveloped land.

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Oklahoma on
Answered on Apr 2, 2018
Richard Winblad's answer
Lots of questions here. Was the driveway in existence? If so for how long?

Was your real estate landlocked with this being the only access?

You should visit an attorney. You may have acquired an interest by adverse possession or a prescriptive easement.

Q: Public nuisance codes in small town stonrwall,OK.74871

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental, Land Use & Zoning, Municipal Law and Real Estate Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Dec 31, 2017
Richard Winblad's answer
Visit your county courthouse. The law library is supposed to have a copy of the city laws/ordinances. City hall should also have a copy.

Q: We have a RLT in California. Can we transfer our Oklahoma land to it Preliminary change of ownership and grant deed ?

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Aug 23, 2017
Richard Winblad's answer
This is really simple. Just need the owners names, trustee names, name of the trust and date of creation, legal description and filing fees. Really inexpensive to have an Oklahoma compliant deed created by an attorney.

Q: How can we stop our neighbor from nuisance burning trash?

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental, Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Apr 18, 2017
Gregory Andrews Cade's answer
Consult an Oklahoma personal injury attorney; you might have a private nuisance case which can be remedied by an injunction or money damages. Good luck.

Q: What are the things you can be paid for in Iminent Domain by the Dept. of Transportation

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Oklahoma on
Answered on Mar 28, 2011
Mr. Jarod Morris' answer
A landowner is to be paid "just compensation" by the government when the government takes the land by eminent domain. In the 10th Circuit (which includes Oklahoma), the determination is made by "market value." A lot of factors go into this, especially if only part of the property is taken such as through an easement, or something the Dept. of Transportation has done limits the use of the land rather than actually taking the land away from the owner. If you have further questions, just ask.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.