Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Pennsylvania Energy, Oil and Gas Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Business Law, Civil Rights and Energy, Oil and Gas for Pennsylvania on
Q: I'm Not getting overtime paid right

90.50 at 27 an hr an 50.50 at 13.50

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 24, 2018

not knowing your overtime rate it's hard to tell what your figures are but the wage hour division of the US Department of Labor would have information on filing a complaint.

Suggest if you haven't already save your check stubs as those should show the hours you worked each week which would...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Products Liability and Energy, Oil and Gas for Pennsylvania on
Q: Judge rules for motion to compel interrogatory response on personal, private matters. How to disobey legally? Defense?

How to properly ask the judge after decision made to reconsider. Other side asking about current health issues and history because we want to opt out of a dangerous smart meter technology.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 26, 2018

You have to give the responses. You can appeal later.

1 Answer | Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Pennsylvania on
Q: Can I get this re-instated to a full utility patent? -had no idea about the maintenance fees and it has apparently lapse

Patent #8148841

Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn answered on Feb 6, 2018

Fortunately, this particular error is a well-trod path and the USPTO is fairly generous in allowing you to fix this situation.

So in addition to the regular maintenance fee, and the small late fee for not paying in the first half of the year-long window, you will need to pay a fee to...
Read more »

Q: Do I have a case against West Penn Power?

I own a house that my son lives in. On June 13th a branch took out the power lines. My neighbors n I called and a couple hours later it was back on. My son never told me they left the line in the yard. Went down today with my boyfriend and saw the line. Instead of removing the branch and lifting... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 7, 2017

If fortunately nothing happened, and they have put it right no. You can only make a claim for what happened, not what could have happened.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.