Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alabama Products Liability Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Health Care Law and Legal Malpractice for Alabama on
Q: Child’s doctors office didn’t return calls, gave bad advice over phone about 4 week old baby.

I called my child’s doctor office multiple times trying to get a appointment for that day and wasn’t getting a response, I told them my child’s symptoms and his age multiple times only to get a call 30 minutes before they closed. The lady on the phone told me she would go ask a doctor and... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Nov 25, 2019

I'm sorry for the ordeal your baby and you, as a parent, went through. A med mal attorney would likely want to review the records with a medical professional to make a more meaningful assessment. In terms of the telephone exchanges, an attorney would have additional questions regarding what... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for Alabama on
Q: Food Poisoning from Burger King. In 1995, I had gotten a terrible case of good poisoning.

Food Poisoning from Burger King. In 1995, I had gotten a terrible case of good poisoning. Went to the emergency room, had many tests done and the doctor confirmed it was what I had eaten, a burger from Burger Kind. I had the paperwork and went to the restaurant and spoke with the manager. Days... Read more »

J. Brent Burney
J. Brent Burney answered on Aug 3, 2019

You will not be able to bring a suit a case against Burger King. In Alabama there is a two year statute of limitations on negligence cases. Which means that you must file a lawsuit against the negligent party within 2 years of the negligent act causing you injury. In you particular situation... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury and Products Liability for Alabama on
Q: I was hit in a car accident March 1st 2019 I had liability on my automobile the other driver was at fault do I have case

audio footage of the accident I had liability I'm looking to sue for the loss of my car my loss of wages pain and suffering

J. Brent Burney
J. Brent Burney answered on Apr 6, 2019

Yes, you would have a claim for the property loss, medical bills, pain, and suffering. You could also recover your lost wages if you have proof that you missed work as a result of the injuries suffered in the accident. The property claim is separate from your bodily injury claim. Thus, you can... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Products Liability and Animal / Dog Law for Alabama on
Q: Have dog 5 years. Family agreed to watch our dog until we got back on our feet-6 months, he chipped him & won't return

We moved in with an uncle when he asked us to help him take care of his dying partner (bone cancer) shortly after his passing he kicked us out and said he would keep our dog until we were in a good place. We found out he had him chipped and now he will not give him back to us. We've had our... Read more »

Mr. James Parrish Coleman
Mr. James Parrish Coleman answered on Jul 8, 2018

A dog is property. You can sue him. You are going to have to show that he agreed to keep the dog temporarily and that you didn't give the dog to him. GOod luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Products Liability and Collections for Alabama on
Q: If you have a vehicle repoed and you still owe after it is sold, can they garnish Social Security or Retirement wages?
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
Mr. James Parrish Coleman answered on Feb 27, 2018

Your social security benefits can't be garnished for a commercial debt. They can be garnished for student loans, alimony and child support. Your retirement -- that is not social security -- can be garnished.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Products Liability for Alabama on
Q: Can I get legal help for medicines given to me that doesn't work after being denied meds that do I took for years

I feel abuse raped of quality of life

William C. Head
William C. Head answered on Aug 13, 2017

That depends. Federal law has dramatically altered the continued availability of opioids, regardless of past prescriptions. A physician can now lose his or her DEA (drug enforcement administration) license to write prescriptions, for violating federal law.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Products Liability and Criminal Law for Alabama on
Q: Two friends and I take a trip to a local grocery. My friends are under 21 years of age. I am 23. Can I buy alcohol?

I am 23 years of age. The alcohol was purchased for the friends' mother, who is over 21 years of age. When I attempted to purchase a bottle of wine, the cashier said that he would need to see all of our IDs because he saw us walk in together and there was a law on the matter. When I asked, he... Read more »

William C. Head
William C. Head answered on Aug 10, 2017

Laws exist in all states prohibiting an adult buying alcohol and supplying it to the minors. The grocery chain would rather NOT have you as a customer that to late be facing a claim that their clerk sold you booze that you then gave the young people, and a DUI-related death occurred.

Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Alabama on
Q: I was eating a frozen pizza product and encountered a metallic object while chewing ... is this a possible legal matter?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 12, 2016

If you were injured yes. Otherwise it's just something to bring to the attention of the manufacturer or the department of agriculture.

You don't get to sue for what could have happened--only what did.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for Alabama on
Q: If I had a heart attack due to smoking, can I sue the tobacco company
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 4, 2016

Unlikely, but why not contact an Alabama lawyer who has handled smoking related cases? Problem with a heart attack is that it happens often to people who never smoke at all. So proving it was tobacco and not other things in your body,your life, your lifestyle would be very problematic.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Contracts, Products Liability and Civil Litigation for Alabama on
Q: What kind of criminal charges may occur with a title pawn in Alabama?

Title pawn owner was very rude. I know I was in default so I took all his attitude with a smile. The car broke down in private property, pawn company did not pick it up fast enough so I sold it as scrap metal to get it off the property. I have every intention of paying the $450 back. I told the... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 11, 2016

It's convoluted and the cops might say for him just to sue you, but I would consult with a criminal lawyer so you know what to say and what not to say if he comes knocking.Next question is what does the pawn ticket or agreement say your liability is, and did you sign the title over to him. If... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Alabama on
Q: do I need to get a different lawyer on my mesh lawsuit because the one I have dosnt tell me anything
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Aug 28, 2015

If you have a problem with your lawyer, contact them and try to resolve it. Perhaps they don't have anything new to report at this time.

If you have your heart set on changing lawyers, hire a new lawyer before letting go your current lawyer.

I know several lawyers who handle...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.