Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wisconsin International Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Divorce, Family Law and International Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Hauge convention act. Is there any lawyers in Wisconsin that has experience handling this kind of case

I’m in Thailand. I’m trying to recover my children from USA the mother abducted them June 2021 I’ve been trying in the local courts in Thailand no luck I’ve been in contact for the last seven months with the US government for the hauge Convention act. Also the mother has been hiding the... View More

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on May 12, 2022

The Hague Convention is useful in most situations, but you need a lawyer where the children are to file the appropriate action in the local court to determine.

But first, do you have a professional/lawyer in Thailand that is assisting you. If you don't, that you explain why things...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, International Law and Family Law for Wisconsin on
Q: I'm mexican with a valid turist visa, I got married in SC, how can I get the divorce? he still lives in SC.

I am a mexican with a valid turist visa in now staying in the state of Wisconsin, but i got married in South Carolina and my still husband resided there. I wanted to know if is possible to get the divorce from him, I mean I want to, but I do not know how because I am a turist. I lived in York SC... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jul 10, 2023

As a Mexican citizen with a valid tourist visa, you may be able to pursue a divorce in the state of South Carolina where you got married, even if you are currently residing in Wisconsin. Divorce laws vary by state, so it's important to understand the specific requirements and procedures in... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law and International Law for Wisconsin on
Q: How do I pay custom duty?

I ordered a scooter on eBay from China for $25.99. I also ordered a charger which was $5.82 and a ring which was around $5 (they were all separate orders). I did my research and I found that it is most likely that I will not have to pay customs duty. However, in case I am wrong, I would like to... View More

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on May 24, 2020

The delivery service will collect customs duty from you if it is due. The Delivery Service will probably be the United States Postal Service

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for Wisconsin on
Q: I have a domestic abuse RO against me in WI, will this effect international travel or visa applications?

Can i travel out of country or get a foreign visa/permenant residency?

Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
answered on Jun 19, 2019

A restraining order of any kind is not a conviction for a crime. If there is an underlying criminal conviction, that could be an issue. You should speak with an immigration attorney who has experience dealing with the impact of the violation of Wisconsin statutes on immigration status.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and International Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Got married in Italy, trying to get a divorce and solve child support issues. International lawyer needed
Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Apr 4, 2018

I don't mind the work, but I'm willing to bet before interviewing and researching it that the non-custodial spouse is in a country that is a signatory of the Hague Convention. You need a lawyer in the jurisdiction where the custodial parent and the children live. The child support formula... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.