Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wyoming Contracts Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Appeals / Appellate Law for Wyoming on
Q: How do I file an appeal for power of attorney?

I filed the paperwork on behalf of a friend for power of attorney

Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels
answered on Jul 27, 2022

I don't understand this question. Ordinarily, there is no appeal for just a power of attorney. Any appeal must come after a hearing or a trial and is directed to alleged errors that the trial court committed...

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law and Real Estate Law for Wyoming on
Q: I need to find a lawyer. I've got several lawsuits I need to file. A lawyer that would take me on contengebcy basis. Wyo

That was to say contengency. Several cases worth hundreds of thousands. Greedy people I trusted, need to sue realtors, property owners, business owners. Illegally took my businesses, inventory and rentals from me. All illegal. Huge list of ppl to sue a lot of money at stake ranging from county over... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Mar 7, 2021

A Wyoming attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could continue to await a response, or at this point, seek out attorneys on your own. It could be difficult for an attorney to come forth to your request that you need an attorney - this is only a Q & A... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Wyoming on
Q: Faulty wiring when the owner rented to us
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 18, 2020

A Wyoming attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. If the issue poses a fire or safety hazard, you could bring it to the attention of the owner and ask if they could address it in the form of an electrician bringing the deficiency up to code. Hopefully, you could... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Landlord - Tenant for Wyoming on
Q: I own a motel and I allowed a man to stay with the promise he would pay when his disability was settled. He le

He left and paid part with a promise to make monthly payments. He hasn’t paid and I have a judgement against him. He says he doesn’t have to pay because he is disabled. Can I file fraud charges against him and have him arrested because he signed a promissory note that was witnessed? I am a... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Aug 12, 2019

Sure, you can sue him for "fraud." However, it is unlikely you will prevail because you already have a judgment against him for the unpaid room rent.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Wyoming on
Q: How to remove one person off mobile home title after they abandoned it 5 years ago? I am also listed on title

When I took over trailer I had to pay 3 years back taxes, back rent 3-4 months plus his fees to landlords. I've looked for him and can't locate him. I've been paying for everything for 5 years now. Want his name off title.

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on May 21, 2019

Unless the other owner has died you are going to have a difficult time "removing his name off the title" because they still own it with you. Hire a lawyer to advise you.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Business Law for Wyoming on
Q: In the state of Wyoming what are the consequences for failure to return rented personal property
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Apr 25, 2019

Depending on the value of the personal property you rented, and the terms of your rental agreement, you may see a collection attempt followed by a lawsuit, or worse.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Criminal Law for Wyoming on
Q: Can I press charges when someone who agreed to hold my belongings in their spare space sells it without my consent?

A friend and I had a verbal agreement to store our belongings in a colleague's storage shed and extra bedroom. On 9/06/2016 we were informed the colleague would be vacating the premises, giving us until the end of September to retrieve our belongings. We made arrangements to be there the last... View More

Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
answered on Sep 22, 2016

Contact the appropriate police agency and file a report. It is up to the prosecutor to file charges, but those facts would indicate criminal conduct.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.