Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
North Carolina Arbitration / Mediation Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Family Law for North Carolina on
Q: xwife passed not seen her 10 yrs , no divorce want me to sign paper so they can funeral

No assets, ex wife , never divorced

Ben Corcoran
Ben Corcoran answered on Nov 16, 2020

Speak to a local attorney before signing papers, since you were still legally married you may be giving up certain rights if you sign the papers.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Securities Law for North Carolina on
Q: I'm searching for a NC attorney who can review a financial services consulting agreement.

Review and advise on an IAR agreement.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jan 25, 2019

You could contact the North Carolina Bar Association for assistance. They have an attorney referral service.

Tim Akpinar

2 Answers | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Child Custody for North Carolina on
Q: Which would be better for me... I truly can’t afford a lawyer but I want to see my child. mediation or other?

I am currently struggling to see my child. The other parent makes to many hoops and I jump but still nothing. I can afford a lawyer at the time. I was curious as to going about filing for mediation. I just want my rights as a father to see my child. Nothing out of way or anything like that. I do... Read more »

Kelli Y. Allen
Kelli Y. Allen answered on Jan 22, 2019

Mediation can be very effective. I recommend trying mediation as early in the process as possible, as you can save a lot of time and money if it works. You don't indicate whether there has been a court filing yet, but if so, the judge will actually order mediation. If a court case has not... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Divorce for North Carolina on
Q: My wife filed for Absolute Divorce & won by lying about date of separation. 2 mos, not 1 yr sepatn. Anyway I can reopen?

I have police reports, witnesses, pictures, and other paperwork proving that we were still together until 2 months before she filed for the divorce. She won the case because I was sickly during the time she sent papers, I just started a job 2 months before and didn't realize she was actually... Read more »

Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson answered on Nov 30, 2016

First things first - you don't 'win' a divorce and there is no such thing as 'legal separation papers'. That said, if she lied about the separation date, she can be in a heap of trouble as she may be charged with perjury and you may be able to get the divorce set aside.... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.