Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
California Environmental Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for California on
Q: Can I sue a company for mishandled regulated chemicals

My roommate works in pest control in California with regulated chemicals but does his work clothes laundry here in the shared apartment units when I know other companies pay to have their uniforms done by a professional cleaning service is it illegal for his company to not provide laundry service... Read more »

Gregory Andrews Cade
Gregory Andrews Cade
answered on Oct 29, 2017

If you did not suffer a severe injury as a result of exposure to the chemicals on your roommate’s work clothes, taking legal action against the employer will most likely be a fruitless endeavor. Whether the practice of having workers clean their own uniforms is legal highly depends on what... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Environmental and Health Care Law for California on
Q: My child is sick due to a roach infestation as a tenant I want to take legal action against landlord what are my option

We have paid ourselves several times to bomb and spray home because landlord sent out non-licensed pest guy Wich did nothing *literally* and Wich he is her "handy man" and very likely to be an illegal immigrant (I am of Latin race, not racists) and so this roach infestation has only... Read more »

Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
answered on Aug 9, 2017

Call an attorney that can help you with your habitability problem. You nay have a breach of the warranty of habitability. You may be able to recover damages, especially if your son has developed medical complications. Best of luck!!!

5 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for California on
Q: Trying to find a lawyer for a toxic mold situation in my mother's senior apartments. What kind of lawyer do I need

have pictures and lab results

Gerald Barry Dorfman
Gerald Barry Dorfman
answered on Jun 12, 2017

Many personal injury attorneys handle these types of cases.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Agricultural Law, Environmental and Land Use & Zoning for California on
Q: Can I get a license to grow and harvest marijuana on my farm in Nebraska?

Marijuana was planted for rope and soil health pre WWI. We currently eradicate marijuana with herbicides and grow corn and soybeans. Costco sells hemp seeds from Thailand and paper can be made from the fiber (instead of trees)...what is the possibility of growing legal marijuana on the farm?

Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
answered on Jun 1, 2017

Contact a Nebraska lawyer. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for California on
Q: What is the procedure a landlord should follow when the hot water goes off for a unit?

Our hot water has been off for about 24 hours. When it went off, our landlord did not tell us personally instead he had other tenants going door to door saying, "Hot water's off till tomorrow". Now it is the next day, I still have not heard anything from my landlord about the... Read more »

Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
answered on Feb 27, 2017

The landlord can shut off utilities for temporary service but should provide advance written notice. If it's for an extended period of time that the utilities are shut off, your landlord might have to provide alternative accommodations. More details are necessary to provide a professional... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Environmental, Health Care Law and Products Liability for California on
Q: Should I get a lawyer to help me with this case?

I got E. Coli from a restaurant. I wrote a demand letter and now they are refusing the deal I made and they just want to pay my medical bills, although I am 99.9% sure it was from them. I have already sent over the HR woman my medical bills.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 26, 2016

Talk to a member of caoc who handles food cases. Because of what it takes to prove it, if you are totally well there's no shame in payment of your medical bills (which must include what your insurance company paid or your insurance may look to you for payment--so get them involved, especially... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for California on
Q: What does it mean by "to constitute a taking???"

I am a korean student studying environment laws of the u.s. and finding it hard to translate the word "taking"

Maxwell Charles Livingston Esq.
Maxwell Charles Livingston Esq.
answered on May 7, 2012

A taking occurs when the government takes land for public use. Government is said to take land either when it (1) strips the land of all beneficial use or value OR (2) there is any PERMANENT physical occupation (including putting a wire across the land permanently).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.