Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kansas Education Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Education Law and Libel & Slander for Kansas on
Q: Can an administrator record a speech pathologist working with a student on their therapy goals without the consent

Of the student or the therapist when observing them. The administrator is NOT a party in the conversation for reference

0 Answers | Asked in Education Law for Kansas on
Q: Is a college in FL required to hold a license to teach in MO to offer accredited online courses for MO residents?

I took online courses from F.I.R.S.T (Florida Institute of Recording Sound and Technology) online from home while living in the state of Missouri. I had a friend of mine apply (Missouri resident) and get denied because that particular school did not have a license to teach in the state of MO.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Education Law and Intellectual Property for Kansas on
Q: are photos saved to a school account on a school device protected by 1st amendment?


James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 21, 2024

The First Amendment protects freedom of speech and expression, but its application in specific contexts can vary. When it comes to photos saved to a school account on a school device, the situation may not fall squarely within the realm of First Amendment protection. Schools often have their own... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Education Law for Kansas on
Q: in my history class we are doing a assignment about Christianity in the Middle Ages sep of school and state

does it count under separation of church and state

Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
answered on Sep 19, 2023

Not unless the teacher is proselytizing that a particular church is the ONLY true religion.

Teaching history without talking about the broad influence of religion on the spread of political, scientific, and sociological thought would not be very effective. How does one teach the history...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Adoption, Education Law and Juvenile Law for Kansas on
Q: hello, i am 16 years old and i have ran away. how i can continue working at my job and enroll in school?

i turn 17 in november, and am adopted.

Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
answered on May 14, 2023

I am very concerned for you. Please seek out the assistance of an agency for at-risk youth or even the department of job and family services. I am assuming since you are still working a job you are within the same community as your parents, You may ask the school and work to change your address... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Contracts and Education Law for Kansas on
Q: Can I sue my University? I have a degree from this university, they are blocking my from applying for their jobs.

I earned a degree from my local university. I have not been able to get a job in my field and now after applying for 100+ jobs on their website over the last 15 years, their application portal will mysteriously not let me apply for anymore and nobody can figure out why. Can I sue them for... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jul 1, 2022

You’re going to need some in depth research and data to prove that the degree is worthless or that the university is blocking your efforts to find a job. May be a tough row to hoe.

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Civil Rights and Education Law for Kansas on
Q: Can I sue a University if there degree is useless and didn't advance my career?

I'm in healthcare and have been a clinical associate, CNA and dental assistant. I graduated KU with a 147 credit bachelors of general studies. Now I have a bunch of student debt and the only jobs available for me pay the same or less than before I received my degree and I'm at risk of... View More

W. J. Winterstein Jr.
W. J. Winterstein Jr.
answered on Dec 15, 2020

On the few facts you provide, it seems that you got what you enrolled and paid for at KU. I assume that you chose your field of study leading to your degree.

That may change somewhat if you have something from KU, in writing, promising you a better paying job/career than what you already...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Education Law for Kansas on
Q: What are the implications of administrators in regards to public access?

I am taking a class in public school law.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Nov 6, 2019

A place to start might be to look into the Americans with Disabilities Act and related state legislation, and possibly how building codes and fire & public safety codes address these issues. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright and Education Law for Kansas on
Q: Can US students legally purchase international editions of textbooks?

Looking for an alleged 1998 SCOTUS decision on the issue but can't locate. Claim made by secondhand textbook retailers but not substantiated by any evidence I've seen yet.

Will Blackton
Will Blackton
answered on Jan 28, 2017

To answer your question: Yes, US students may legally purchase international editions of textbooks. It's really the -seller- of international textbooks that must invoke the first-sale doctrine to protect their activities, but the Supreme Court recently decided that they may.... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.