Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Missouri Communications Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Identity Theft and Internet Law for Missouri on
Q: I am needing an attory to assist me in getting some accounts closed online due to them being hacked can this be done?

I have a facebook account as well a paypal account that have been hacked and I have not been able to get either company to help me with getting them closed. I know who maybe behind this but that is a different story but I am up against the wall and want them closed and my cell phone numbers... Read more »

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg answered on Feb 17, 2021

An attorney could contact the companies on your behalf and hopefully be taken seriously.

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law and Real Estate Law for Missouri on
Q: What can I do to get my name off a joint mortgage when the other party won’t communicate with me?

My ex boyfriend and I bought a house together, split up a year ago and decided he could keep the house and I would get my name off of the mortgage. He now is refusing to speak to me and I don’t know what to do now as I still own this house and I don’t even live in it.

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg answered on Jun 5, 2018

You are in a bad position. The lender has no incentive to let you off the mortgage because it would be increasing its risk with nothing in return. Unless you can convince the former boyfriend to refinance, you will remain on the hook in the event he defaults. Perhaps a letter to him from an... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Communications Law for Missouri on
Q: Can you record a conversation you are a part of without anyone else knowing?

Two parties working in a business capacity, when it is revealed at the end that one party recorded without knowledge or consent of the other? Does the “one person” rule apply to the person doing the recording or does it imply knowledge by another party to the conversation?

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg answered on Apr 4, 2018

In Missouri, if two people are on a call, either one can record without the other’s consent.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Communications Law for Missouri on
Q: I deleted emails when I left my employer. Can they do anything to me or just pull them from the server
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg answered on Apr 3, 2018

It is unclear what you deleted but what you did could potentially be very serious and costly if the employer sues you under the Missouri or federal law for computer tampering. Here's the Missouri statute:

  537.525. Tampering with computer data, computer equipment, or computer...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Communications Law and Criminal Law for Missouri on
Q: Is it unlawful or an invasion of privacy for someone to photograph my home and vehicles without my knowledge/permission?
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg answered on Apr 3, 2018

It depends upon the facts, including whether there were photos of you in a place where you had a reasonable expectation of privacy. Inanimate objects don't have an expectation of privacy, however.

565.252. 1. A person commits the offense of invasion of privacy if he or she knowingly:...
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Communications Law and Landlord - Tenant for Missouri on
Q: Land has put a forsalesign dont he need to give us some sort of notice

How long of notice to vacate can he show the house while were still in it at anytime without notice do we need to be present what can we do about this abrupt situation?

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Criminal Law, Family Law and Juvenile Law for Missouri on
Q: Can an adult male employee be charged for giving 10 yr old his facebook contact information

My 10 yr old was with my mom at a auto parts store. An adult male employee gave her a small piece of paper with his facebook and whispered add me and throw this away. We have filled a police report and contacted the store and corporate. The district manager thinks it is a misunderstanding. How do... Read more »

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Sep 26, 2015

If this is important enough to you, which it should be, you will go see a local attorney about it to get the specifically tailored legal advice that you might need. When you do that, the attorney will be able to have a full discussion with you and will look for any possible causes of action that... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.