Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Arbitration / Mediation Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Washington Arbitration / Mediation Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Arbitration / Mediation Law, Business Formation and Business Law for Washington on
Q: Where is my great grandpa mentioned in this patent? It's his idea. He owned aarvarka nd Tierra and soil sampling service
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 13, 2024

This is something that a patent attorney would probably be able to advise best on, but you posted last week and your question remains open. There is a category here for patent law. You could repost and add that category, and drop some of the other categories here that aren't relevant... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Washington on
Q: arbitration clause in a contract worker contract

I have been under a contract (in Washington State) to do some work for a small company (sole proprietor LLC). I completed the work and send a final invoice. He is not paying because he says he just cant afford to pay it. This is not at all true. The truth is that he has lost interest in the... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 17, 2024

A Washington attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. The short answer is that arbitration clauses are binding. When parties to a contract agree to arbitration as a forum for handling disputes arising out of the matter, that means they forfeit rights to pursue... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Civil Rights for Washington on
Q: R DOC officers allowed to search my Parent's house if I get arrested there for my DOC warrant. But it is not my address?
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 1, 2023

The authority of Department of Corrections (DOC) officers to search a residence when making an arrest not at the official address can be influenced by various factors. If you are under probation or parole supervision, DOC officers may have specific search and seizure authority as part of your... View More

Q: Sister has filed ejectment against me I have a court date Friday may 26 is there anybody who could help represent me ?

The estate is still in my late father's name I have lived in my house for 12 years thinking I was going to be able to buy house . my sister is executor and would never sign off on house so I go could buy it . Now she wants me out of there I have court on Friday may 26 th I live in Washington... View More

Peter J. Weinman
Peter J. Weinman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 23, 2023

Volunteer lawyers at Justia are not permitted to solicit your business. Start your search here:

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Washington on
Q: appealing to the court in CA to remove my name on sued list that I reside in WA

someone sued me and 2 brothers (they reside same CA state) about the money matter in the family. I would request to remove my name since I live out of the state.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 17, 2022

A Washington attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You may want to consider discussing this with a Washington attorney. It isn't fully clear if this is an arbitration (which is your posted category) or a formal legal action, possibly based on a long-arm... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Washington on
Q: 5 yr relationship. He cheated & kicked me out. No money but many woman hours into the place heard he bought for me.

Can this fall under the division of a close intimate relationship? If so, is there an attorney willing to help me? I was left homeless and broke on lni. He hired an attorney and fabricated a lie to have me removed. I spent many hours over the past 5 years working on the property we lived in and the... View More

Stacie Lynn Naczelnik
Stacie Lynn Naczelnik
answered on Oct 15, 2021

It might, but you should probably consult with an attorney who can advise you on whether your circumstances meet the requirements for a Committed Intimate Relationship in WA.

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Washington on
Q: Diminished value calculation in Washington state

I bought new 2015 Lincoln MKT 12/17 complete with 4 years warranty. No fault to me but t-boned by teenager when my new car only had 2000 miles on 2/14/18. Extensive damage cost over $10,000 in repair.. How do I calculate diminished value to settle this claim?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 9, 2020

A Washington attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. As a general matter, the property damage adjuster will do that. They'll visit the car in your shop and work up an estimate based on parts and labor. Unfortunately, many states apply statutory thresholds (which... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Business Law and Contracts for Washington on
Q: Hello, I was wondering if I can opt-out of an arbitration clause in a contract if there is no option to opt-out.
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on May 29, 2019

No. If you are offered a contract that includes a term requiring arbitration in case of any disputes you can either agree to arbitrate disputes--and sign it--or disagree and not sign it.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.