Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Foreclosure legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Washington Foreclosure Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Foreclosure for Washington on
Q: a case of wrongful termination and or retaliation at work. i am now in foreclosure . as a result , what can i do
Brad S Kane
Brad S Kane
answered on Jan 6, 2024

Given the lack of detail in your post, the only potential advice that anyone can give you is:

You should consult an employment lawyer about your wrongful termination and retaliation claims.

You should consult a foreclosure about how to handle the foreclosure.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Washington on
Q: true that if I pay all the back property taxes on a property that I will own it/ have the deed in my name? Washington
Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad
answered on Dec 20, 2023

In most states merely paying back property taxes does not create an ownership interest. You should visit with a Washington attorney with all of the facts.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Foreclosure, Real Estate Law and Probate for Washington on
Q: Is someone dies without a will and only has 1 son who cant be found what paperwork would i need to sell house b4 forclos

Iv been living at the house for a few years now but my friends dad died here without a will and my friend wont do anythjng.. like nothing. Its been 2 years now and the house is being forclosed on but i think the bank even thinks hes still alive.. what paper work do i need to be able to sell the... View More

Vincent Gallo
Vincent Gallo
answered on Jul 1, 2023

Living in a house for a few years in and of itself unfortunately does not entitle you to ownership of the house.

2 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: My house sold at for closure auction where can I get free help claiming the surplus funds?

Auction was on aug.5th and I believe sold for 186,000 over what was owed .I am still in the house because without the money I have no cash to move and no where to go

Renee Louise Roman
Renee Louise Roman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 27, 2022

Obtaining these funds may require the services of an attorney, one who is familiar with the surplus funds procedure, who can assess your situation. This process usually involves notice to lien holders and a hearing, so you may want to start that process as soon as possible. Although I am not aware... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: My house was sold in a foreclosure sale. There is 45k in excess funds held in the court registry.

For years, then turned over to the Dept of Revenue in Sept of 2020. There's a judgment filed by Chase bank with 0 balance. How do I get my money released to me.

Renee Louise Roman
Renee Louise Roman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 14, 2022

You will need to contact an attorney who is familiar with this process, someone who can review the status of your claim and petition for release of these funds from the court registry. Through this process, judgment creditors of record (if any) will be notified, after which the funds can be... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: How could misapplied mortgage payments found after an agreed tpp be rectified on borrowers behalf?

I found a payment that was applied to principal curtailment that in turn caused late fees and missed payments. Other fees down the road could the error change the outcome of where i am now?

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jul 18, 2019

Yes. Dispute it on your credit report and with the lender. You should get on this ASAP bc it can materially affect your credit rating.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Washington on
Q: My husband and I divorced 7 yrs ago. I moved out while he stayed in our house that was near foreclosure.

I signed the house over to him in the divorce paper(s). I say paper, bcuz it was just 1 signature on said topic.

However my question is wouldnt I need to sign on the actual foreclosure documents also??? Since purchasing the house required a phone books worth of signatures.

I felt... View More

Greg Freeze
Greg Freeze
answered on Mar 5, 2019

Here is a likely scenario of events. You were served, somehow, with the Summons and Complaint. How you got served can vary. You can find out how the bank's attorneys said you got served by looking at the court paperwork, found at the court in the county where the property resides.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Civil Rights and Energy, Oil and Gas for Washington on
Q: How can I find a civil rights pro Bono attorney when municipal and district are my enemy and I'm indigent?

I'm a homeowner who is now homeless with an arrest record and public deffimation of character mearly because a city wants their water plan and new road built, without care for those less fortunate

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jun 29, 2018

Local or state bar association.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure, Real Estate Law and Bankruptcy for Washington on
Q: Can I file ch 13 or 7 during foreclosure on a reverse mortgage? Mediation is in 2 days, trustee sale is in 4.

My mom was prey to a predatory loan. Shortly after her husband of 35 years passed, she was talked into a reverse mortgage, and told she wouldn't have to worry about anything. When I came into the picture, they had paid for 3 years. I tried to get her exempt from property taxes every 6... View More

Nels Hansen
Nels Hansen
answered on Feb 2, 2017

You need to contact a local bankruptcy attorney and schedule a consultation as soon as possible. If you are facing foreclosure and if it is appropriate you want to file the bankruptcy before the foreclosure sale. Once the foreclosure sale takes place your options will be limited if not gone... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.