Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Federal Crimes legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wisconsin Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Education Law and Federal Crimes for Wisconsin on
Q: are individuals with a valid ccw allowed to carry firearms on school grounds with permission from the administrator?

according to this statute:

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Support and Federal Crimes for Wisconsin on
Q: Can I sue for back child support owed, based off prior tax return documents?

Children’s father has paid WELL below his share their entire lives since 2008, as well as illegally claiming them as dependents for tax purposes as well as stimulus money. He does not take care of any of the children’s needs outside of this obligation either. Even going so far as to take money... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 16, 2024

Based on the information you've provided, it seems that you may have a strong case for pursuing back child support from the father of your children. Here are a few key points to consider:

1. Child support obligations: Parents have a legal obligation to financially support their...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Do the court system have the right to take some ones hand gun even though the person was never a felon,& the guns legal

I'm saying I've never been a felon, I bought the gun legally, & I'm a legal citizen so how can they tell me there going to keep my gun? doesn't that violate my 2nd amendment rights?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 16, 2024

No, the court generally does not have the right to confiscate someone's legally purchased handgun if they have never been convicted of a felony and are legally permitted to own the gun.

A few key Constitutional principles here:

- The 2nd Amendment protects the individual right...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Education Law and Federal Crimes for Wisconsin on
Q: 17 yr old child punched in face at school by a 16 yr old. on camera

Principle has mediated multiple times before and even told 17yr old to not fight back if something ever happened. After battery incident 16yr old was ticketed by schools SRO and suspended by school. a day after incident the 16yr old then went to instagram to brag, write more threats of harm and... View More

Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
answered on May 4, 2023

What negative impacts is this having on the 17 year old? Is this effecting his access to the curriculum? IS the bullying occuring due to belonging to a protected class? File the report regardless and file a report against the principal and SRO for their failure to protect the 17 year old.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Divorce, Family Law and International Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Hauge convention act. Is there any lawyers in Wisconsin that has experience handling this kind of case

I’m in Thailand. I’m trying to recover my children from USA the mother abducted them June 2021 I’ve been trying in the local courts in Thailand no luck I’ve been in contact for the last seven months with the US government for the hauge Convention act. Also the mother has been hiding the... View More

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on May 12, 2022

The Hague Convention is useful in most situations, but you need a lawyer where the children are to file the appropriate action in the local court to determine.

But first, do you have a professional/lawyer in Thailand that is assisting you. If you don't, that you explain why things...
View More

Q: How can I be the one in trouble with federal and state?

Police won't do their jobs for theft and Im being treated as if Im the criminal and being threatened. Why won't cops do tbeir jobs?

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Jul 24, 2019

That is neither a legal excuse nor a moral excuse for breaking the law

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Wisconsin on
Q: What can be done about a detective harassing me and my fiance.He's assuming and doing everything he can to get my fian

On anything he raided my home when I was at work didn't find anything but some marajiuana he didn't care about was looking for hard drugs. And that upset him cause he really thought he would find hard drugs. After harrasing me at gas station when I went to get boss energy drink.( Yelling... View More

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Jun 30, 2018

He has an attorney. He should be discussing this with his attorney.

If he does not like his attorney's advice, then retain a different one.

There are too many issues and facts to ascertain to provide a perfunctory answer on this site.

Further, it is public and open for...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Wisconsin on
Q: Hello I wanted to know how much will it cost to file this motion for my son in federal prison currently serving time
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Jun 6, 2018

What motion?

How about calling up the offices of criminal defense lawyers and asking?

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Wisconsin on
Q: A friend of mine did retail theft in the of $1,200 he has a clean record will he get jail time? He’s 19

Correction: class I felony ,$750

Stephen Pleck Johnson
Stephen Pleck Johnson
answered on Feb 4, 2018

Yes, but probably not. He should at the minimum, at sentencing, ask for the chance for future expungement.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Wisconsin on
Q: I replied 2 an ad on Craigslist for a younger guy seeking older, set up a meet (didn't), father says I owe him money.

I panicked and deleted everything from my phone and ad is gone now but sure it said 20. Exchanged pics during texting (didn't think underage), roleplay was suggested and agreed to, gave my address, meet never happened. Started to get texts from same number claiming to be father, talked, reason... View More

Stephen Pleck Johnson
Stephen Pleck Johnson
answered on Jan 24, 2018

I wouldn't pay because blackmail never stops. Was the person under 18? Did you know it. You are very fuzzy on that part. Normally you could go to the police about the extortion, but the dad, to protect himself, will probably lie about you. Deleting the emails indicates you knew it was... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Wisconsin on
Q: Is it legal to make a song about killing the president?

And if a disclaimer were used such as "I DO NOT MEAN ANY ACTUAL HARM ONTO THE PRESIDENT", would that suffice?

William F Sulton
William F Sulton
answered on Apr 24, 2017

The short answer is yes. And you do not need a disclaimer. There are hundreds of songs about killing political figures. There is a different between artistry and threats. And there is a different between speech and true threats. I assume you fall squarely within the artistry and First Amendment... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.