Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wisconsin Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Wisconsin on
Q: What are the next steps following a workplace injury as an employee?

Slipped and fell on ice at work and suffered a head injury as a result. During the incident was knocked unconscious, no ambulance was called. I am seeking legal on what to do next after release from the hospital.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Identity Theft for Wisconsin on
Q: Can I make my own petition to the Chauncery court to amend personal facts on a 1927 death certificate?

while doing my genealogy, my grandfather's death certificate from Mississippi, has personal falsified information. This affects his history on earth. Same name race and manner of death. Age, wife and birthplace are incorrect and parents are missing. His death occurred in 1927. How can I... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Wisconsin on
Q: How to legally separate property in a living trust without starting over on the 60 month look back period for Medicaid?

My parents put both my brother and I in a living trust-all jointly owning their house and lake cottage with them. We would like to separate the properties, removing my name from one and my brother's name from the other. Is there a sound legal way to do this to ensure Medicare cannot use... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Wisconsin on
Q: I am on Social Security Disability and I have no other income. I have been served some court summons the past few months

because of past due credit card bills. I have no money and no assets at all. My credit report says I have about $30,000 in credit card debt. Should I file Bankruptcy or Is there really no need since im on disability ? Will it all eventually fall off my credit report regardless ? Please help me.... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jan 26, 2023

Based on the facts you set forth, you should file chapter 7 bankruptcy after consulting a practitioner. These debts will not just fall off in most cases.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Legal Malpractice for Wisconsin on
Q: I am 1 of 100's of victims of RICO by the legal system in the US Virgin islands. How would I get help for us in the USA

select civil cases are going back to 2000, Criminal cases are taking 12 years to get to trial; and the office of disciplinary council complaints are going back to 1996 with nearly 200 in backlog. In addition the ODC of the US Virgin Islands only employs one part time attorney to investigate... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Wisconsin on
Q: I have a question about an insurance check.

During a recent snow fall someone hit our fence. Their insurance wanted a quote for the damages/repair cost. I had sent one over and they sent me a check for the costs. The company I got the repair done for is no longer able to start until the spring time. The area the fence is missing gives... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Real Estate Law for Wisconsin on
Q: My husband and I are getting a legal separation. We have filed the Joint Petition and have a file #.

He wants to buy my house. We are in full agreement. Can we use a Free Trader Agreement to do this while in process of separating?

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Real Estate Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Do Realtor Property Managers who have an ownership interest in the rented property need to disclose their ownership?

Can you please also cite the law/code that describes this if applicable?

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Wisconsin on
Q: A non-airworthy, partial, historic military aircraft is being stored in an airfield in Milwaukee WI.

The sole owner has passed unexpectedly. The airport and I have tried to contact his widow concerning the disposition of this airframe. No reply. Looking at WI Stat 779.43(3) it addresses legalities for assumed possesion of tenent property until lessee requirements have been met. My question: What... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Wisconsin on
Q: I’m thinking about divorcing my husband in 30 years. We’re both retired. Would he have to pay me maintenance?

My husbands always made double the money that I have made as a teacher. I do have a pension which he has survival rights to. We live in the state of Wisconsin, which is a 50-50 state.

Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
answered on Jan 23, 2023

Since this is a long term marriage, there would be a maintenance obligation. However, a monthly maintenance obligation can be bought out with a greater than equal award of the marital property, too.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: My wife’s phone number was used to open a snap chat account. It was the neighbor kids account. Can we use this in court.

The child was underage to open the account and against snap chat rules. Can we use this account as evidence in court if she stole my wife’s identity to start it.

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Wisconsin on
Q: I have a Park Model ( a specific trailer set up permanent/semi permanent ) in an RV Park - camp site.

Can park owner require I pay him 10% of sale when I sell ? He won't really be doing anything to sell it. But I do know he won't sign contract for new buyer unless he gets his fee.

Q: Should the fda and cdc be legally held accountable for allowing the hemp thc-o acetate, heart/Lung issue/teeth damage

I have contacted both and have been neglected to be called back, They have known for years and after I was forced to use their safer than cannabis alternative here in Wisconsin, thc-o is everywhere and now after a rancid batch I had 2 months of a sinus infection, now heart issuses, lungs hurt and... Read more »

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Jan 22, 2023

The FDA and CDC are federal agencies which have sovereign immunity from such lawsuits.

You may however have a valid claim against the sellers and manufacturers of the Thc-o products you used.

Just as with tobacco using plaintiffs, you will face comparative / proportional...
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Internet Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Liens on Websites/Domain Names

As an ISP, we have a company that was past due on a payment to us. The owners of the company sold their business without apparently telling new buyer there was a $200.00 debt owed. The new owner of the business is demanding we release the domain name for the business so they can move it to a... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Wisconsin on
Q: my husband and i are formally separated now but not divorced. how do i ensure i can keep custody of our daughter?

he wants to take custody of our child. he tried to leave with her to his parents house, saying my postpartum depression was endangering her, even though ive been cleared medically. he says he'll pay for a lawyer but he knows i cant afford one. i was raising her solely while he worked before... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.