Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Civil Rights Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Washington on
Q: Is it constitutional to require urine analysis upon demand prior to being found guilty?

Is it unconstitutional for a court to put stipulations upon a persons before they're found guilty by jury of their peers

Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
answered on Aug 23, 2018

Generally yes.

"the trial court erred when it determined that Wilson was unlikely to appear for future court dates and, accordingly, such a finding cannot support the trial court's imposition of weekly UAs for Wilson."

State v. Rose, 146 Wash. App. 439, 451, 191...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Civil Rights and Energy, Oil and Gas for Washington on
Q: How can I find a civil rights pro Bono attorney when municipal and district are my enemy and I'm indigent?

I'm a homeowner who is now homeless with an arrest record and public deffimation of character mearly because a city wants their water plan and new road built, without care for those less fortunate

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jun 29, 2018

Local or state bar association.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Personal Injury for Washington on
Q: What type of lawyer do I need to talk to if I wanted to sue a police officer for using excessive force and harassment

The officer broke my husbands femur and when I finally figured out where my husband was the officer lied to me and told me he slipped on the curb and broke his femur when reality of it was the officer broke his femur by grabbing him n pulling him down to arrest him

Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
answered on Oct 13, 2017

Depending on what county the incident happened in, search for terms like police misconduct, civil rights, personal injury. Find a few firms and call them to discuss the specifics of your case. Firms may not specifically advertise for this type of work, that doesn't mean they don't handle... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Personal Injury and Social Security for Washington on
Q: Looking for defined period disability for mental disability. I had a severe psychotic episode at work a week ago.

I'm about to be homeless and am not capable of holding a job. I have gone for psychiatric help in the past and received no help. I do not require medication. I've had several severe head injuries but have no record or proof of them.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Oct 9, 2017

You can make a claim but you have to show that you have had a medical disability that has prevented you from work for twelve months or longer. I'm not seeing that you have the medical proof of that.

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Civil Rights, Criminal Law and Education Law for Washington on
Q: Can you record conversation that you are a party too?

if I call my daughters school can I record conversation of their office employee who lies about prior conversations and has caused problems but her supervisor didn't believe you before so you will be able to prove it? (Can't say it is being recorded because then she won't speek... Read more »

Ryan Ford
Ryan Ford
answered on Jul 11, 2017

No. Pursuant to RCW 9.73.030, you may not record your conversation with the office employee without her consent. RCW 9.73.030 does, however, offer a caveat:

"Where consent by all parties is needed pursuant to this chapter, consent shall be considered obtained whenever one party has...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Civil Rights and Public Benefits for Washington on
Q: hello? my section 8 voucher got denied even though i am an eligible non citizen

is it a civil right law violation?

or under the protected status?

I am under withholding of removal. I have employment authorization card, but Seattle Housing Authority demanded to provide I-94 which i do not have one. I cannot travel outside of US and come back and i don't... Read more »

Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder
answered on Apr 21, 2017

Your question can not be answered because you have offered no facts.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Civil Rights for Washington on
Q: If you have found a house that has been abanded over three years and you move part way in and doing repairs on the house

and have a notary about adverese possession and some showed up claiming to be the owner what rights do i have

Ben F Meek III
Ben F Meek III
answered on Mar 3, 2017

Your rights are probably limited to gathering your things and going peaceably or risk being forcibly removed. Your attempt to establish ownership by adverse possession will probably fail, because the period for which you must actually, openly, notoriously, continuously occupy the property against... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Washington on
Q: What is valid service of process? Can improper service set aside a judgement? Does service have a SOL?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Dec 19, 2016

Each state has its own rules and law on service of process. For instance to answer your second question depends on the state's body of laws regarding that--some states say you must ring it up sooner, some say later.Some states require that the process be reissued.It's not for non-lawyers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Libel & Slander, Personal Injury and Employment Law for Washington on
Q: Can I hold my old boss the hotel and Wyndham Corp.liable for my boss lieng to police leading to my arrest and term.

The GM of the hotel lied to police I was arrested fired evicted from my on site apt she did this so she could employ her husband I lost everything became homeless my life is a mess

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jun 29, 2016

Talk to an employment law specialist--there are a number in Philadelphia. This does sound like there are problematic aspects, but most give free consultations so ask for one.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for Washington on
Q: can i sue police ? or federal agents ?

they have stopped us various times and pointed guns at us and always making us late for work . its scary and i am just even scared to go out . they say their looking for someone in the area and i know its my dad their looking for but he no longer lives in the country . is their anything that can be... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Oct 12, 2015

Tell them exactly where your dad is.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.