Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Colorado Municipal Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury and Municipal Law for Colorado on
Q: Yellow water, has a bad smell and when taking a shower causes stinging. Is this normal for colorado springs water?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 20, 2022

A Colorado attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. It doesn't sound normal. Shower water isn't supposed to sting. There are law firms that handle toxic tort matters (these are cases that deal with exposure to toxic or hazardous substances). But the first... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence and Municipal Law for Colorado on
Q: Can the cops have someones vehicles towed from my property if I have a restraining order agent them?

The restraining order was from domestic violence had a portection order and it was a lot of vehicles and a camper (all his belongings were in it) I was also being told by code enforcement that they (20 some vehicles) needed to be removed or they were going to condem my property for it being... Read more »

Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko PRO label
answered on Feb 9, 2021

If the vehicle is his, then he has a right to it. Typically there should be some coordination from someone with regards to entry onto your property, if you own the property, to remove the vehicle.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Municipal Law for Colorado on
Q: If someone has a warrant and lives in the same house as someone on parole, can the person with a warrant be arrested?
Brian K. McHugh
Brian K. McHugh
answered on Jan 13, 2020

Yes, the person who has an arrest warrant can be arrested in the house they share with another person, whether that other person is on parole or not.

1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law and Juvenile Law for Colorado on
Q: I'm 12 years old got a disorderly conduct ticket and first time ever in trouble can't afford a lawyer

I was assaulted and did not fight back. Won't infringe my liberties.

Brian Lehman
Brian Lehman
answered on Feb 8, 2017

In a criminal matter, you will be given a lawyer if you can't afford one. My best advice: Don't talk to anyone, particularly the police or prosecutor, without a lawyer. Whenever in court, say, I want a lawyer. And then talk with that person.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Business Law, Landlord - Tenant and Municipal Law for Colorado on
Q: US DOL granted former employer 3M credit for which she did not qualify. How is that being honored?

The "managers apt" has never had heat due to the pipes being removed during a remodel a few yrs ago.Owner is providing a residence that is in violation of state codes which disqualifies her from getting the 3M credit. This is our 2nd winter up here w/o heat.

2) Because I still... Read more »

Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
answered on Jan 24, 2017

I am not sure how the US Dept. of Labor is related to landlord tenant issues. Are you asking how a person who allegedly has an uninhabitable apartment for lease can also receive a federal grant? If so, a US DOL grant is not related to civil landlord-tenant disputes; some criminal charges can impact... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Municipal Law for Colorado on
Q: How can I take care of an out of state warrant if I do not have the means to get to that state?

I was in a car accident in 2012 and I had to take an Alive at 25 class before I could leave. Due to many unfortunate events I couldn't stay there and have not been able to get back.

Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
answered on Dec 2, 2016

There are few hardship exceptions for skipping a criminal charge. The most common approach for people who have out-of-state legal matters is to hire a lawyer in the original state (note: any jail time will still need to occur in the original state). It would be wise to attend because an active... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law and Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: May a municipal judge amend judgement due to clerical error after 40 days
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
answered on Jun 22, 2016

It depends. Minor errors can be correct. If there is a significant error or modification due process issues can become an issue. Contact a lawyer for specific advice.

1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Colorado on
Q: If a city requires you to purchase a building permit, but yet doesn't do any inspections on work completed liable in any


It seems to me if they are collecting money from the community for building they should do inspection and require contractors to be licensed to protect thier community. Otherwise what are they collecting fees for permits? Isn't that part of thier job and responsibilities to keep... Read more »

Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
answered on Dec 22, 2015

Some permits do not require inspections. Even for those that do, most inspections are rather cursory...

1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law for Colorado on
Q: Is a city required to make all ordiances, specify building ordiances that differ from IBC building code

Available to the public at no cost.

Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
answered on Dec 22, 2015

All cities and municipalities have ordinances and codes available for free via the web and usually a written form at city offices. There is not duty on cities (or state/federal legislators) to disclose when local rules differ from a standard national/international model.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.