Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Rhode Island Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence and Federal Crimes for Rhode Island on
Q: Can my boyfriend be charged with B&E if he is on my lease?

I had a bad argument with my boyfriend while drunk one night, which resulted in me telling him to leave and calling the police. He has been charged with B&E, however he is on my rental lease. He can not afford a lawyer at this time, so he has decided to go with a public defender. He had court... Read more »

Thomas Briody
Thomas Briody answered on Sep 3, 2019

Cooperate with the attorney. Public defenders do a terrific job, and should follow through with their own investigation. The Rhode Island public defender has its own investigators. You can also communicate to the Attorney General that you do not wish to go forward with any complaint against your... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Appeals / Appellate Law for Rhode Island on
Q: hello i have a question regarding a case .child molestation case
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford answered on Feb 16, 2019

It is probably best to address that in private with your attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Rhode Island on
Q: What is the phone number for the Civil Liberties Union in Ohio? Its for a police assault and battery inccident.

A woman has had her nose broken by a police officer while in custody the officer took her off route to the police dept the broke her nose, over a a traffic citation...then taken to the police dept and strip seached being put on parade in front of several police officers at the police station...

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Jul 26, 2018

I know you might find this amazing, but I googled

american civil liberty union ohio which yielded

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Rhode Island on
Q: If someone charges a person with first degree robbery but drops charges and doesn’t show to court what happens?
Allison Abilheira
Allison Abilheira answered on Mar 21, 2018

A person can’t charge you with first degree robbery, it would be the state or federal government to pursue these criminal charges. Therefore, the actual person who alleged the theft occurred is likely not required to go to court unless the case is scheduled for trial and they need to testify.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Libel & Slander for Rhode Island on
Q: I am being cyberstalked which has been reported to police but during this I was extremely slandered. What are my legal

Rights in this situation.

Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford answered on Feb 17, 2018

You may wish to meet with an attorney to consider seeking a protective order in the State Court. They should also be able to review your allegations/evidence of slander and advise you of your options.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Rhode Island on
Q: what happens now that a person motion for a new trial is denied.

he's been charged with a felony and found guilty

Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford answered on Oct 19, 2017

He should be speaking to his attorney in private to explore next steps and options.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Criminal Law for Rhode Island on
Q: My husband was arrested for child porn and distribution of porn unknowingly due to the cloud. He admitted to molesting

Our children but wasnt charged. He has a lawyer going to plea. In RI can he come home a minor still lives at home.

Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford answered on Feb 8, 2017

Speak to his defense attorney in private.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.